Version 18.104.22.168 (11596.11577)
- Sonoma only: Closing a database window would crash.
Version 22.214.171.124 (11595.11577)
- v6.16 introduced the ability of Break, Exit, Exit Grouped, Exit Repeat, Next File and Restart Repeat Forever statements to optionally set the action test state to true, false or toggled. The interpreter was messing up if the statement was conditional and forced the test state.
Version 6.16.2 (11594.11577)
Preference File Backups
- The backup files previously stored in ~/Library/Application Support/Yate have been moved to ~/Library/Application Support/Yate/Backups. This is done once when this version is first started. While unlikely, it is possible that you will see a spinning ball at this time.
- Prior to this version, when you updated the application a previous backup was renamed to Pre version Backup. This is done, so that the backup is retained outside the normal cycling of automatically generated backups.
- The choice of the name meant that a list of all backup files did not sort into a single combined representation.
- These version change backups now rename a backup file by appending Pre version to the affected backup file's name. This solves the sort issue.
- These new version backups can now be directly imported as zip files. The previous variants had to be unzipped first.
Show Folder in File Browser
- All main window and database Show Folder in File Browser menu items, now display the File Browser if it is hidden.
- Certain players and other taggers may use an alternate mapping for the Set Subtitle field.
- Preferences - Audio - MPEG4 now allows you change the default of SET SUBTITLE to DISCSUBTITLE. You can also specify that both mappings are to be read.
- If you want to change the mapping for FLAC/Ogg files, simply add DISCSUBTITLE as a mapping for Set Subtitle in Preferences - FLAC/Ogg Mappings. You can set the write mapping by using the 1 button. Note that new installs will read both SET SUBTITLE and DISCSUBTITLE. The initial write mapping will be SET SUBTITLE.
- If you want to change the mapping for APE files, simply add DiscSubtitle as a mapping for Set Subtitle in Preferences - APE Mappings. You can set the write mapping by using the 1 button. Note that new installs will read both SET SUBTITLE and DiscSubtitle. The initial write mapping will be SET SUBTITLE.
Crop/Scale/Square Artwork Panel
- When squaring the canvas you can now choose a custom colour for the fill function.
- The Crop Artwork statement can now also crop to square with a variety of placement options.
- The Delete Files and Folders and Trash Files and Folders statements now support input in a multi line editor.
- The Get Info statement has a new List of Finder Colour Tags function. The \?ft escape sequence is now deprecated.
- The Get Info statement has a new List of File Browser Pinned Folders function.
- New action statement named File Browser which can:
- pin folders
- unpin folders
- force the File Browser to be displayed
- force the File Browser to be displayed with a particular folder.
- hide the File Browser.
- The Manipulate Artwork statement can now specify a fill colour at runtime to use while squaring artwork.
- The Prompt from Container statement now supports the T, S and W post processing codes previously only supported by the Prompt for Text statement.
- There is a new escape sequence \?fb which lets you determine if the File Browser is currently displayed. It inserts 1 for displayed, otherwise 0.
- There is a new escape sequence \?fa which inserts 1 if the fanart.tv API key has been set, otherwise 0.
- There are new actions to manage preference backups and the File Browser's pinned folders.
- Patched a few alignment issues when inserting Prompt from Container items in the multi line editor.
- When preloading Discogs releases, if a release returned as a search result did not exist, the posting of error messages could loop, requiring a force quit.
- The Show in AppleApp Playlist functionality was creating the Yate-Work playlist but it was not automatically displayed.
Version 6.16.1 (11575.11562)
Main Window Function Buttons
- The Multi Field Editor Actions submenu items now support the display of the Edit/Locate/Run popup menu.
- It seems as if function buttons can display a number of unwanted actions if you have many actions associated with the Multi Field Editor. You can now restrict the menu to display only those actions which explicitly support the associated field, as opposed to all actions valid for the field. The function button menu has a new Only Show Explicitly Supported Actions / Show All Actions menu item.
The Action Manager
- The search mechanism has been updated so that you can search any column in the Action Manager. There is a new column selector and the retained searches update the column selector when required.
- The navigation control in the search bar has a new ⬇︎ button which selects all matches for the displayed search test.
- The context menu now has an Open With menu item. Previously you had to do a File>Open With.
- The View Options panel is now a modal window. This is so that you can see the proper effect of changing the background colour.
- The Multi Item Field List Enumerator statement can now save the list to a container. This avoids the issue with a single list item which is empty.
- When editing JSON for the Prompt from Container statement in a multi line editor, there is a new control which displays a menu allowing you to insert all valid object items.
- The Prompt from Container statement can now automatically load and save values to action runtime settings or named variables. See the Auto Loading and Saving topic in the statement's documentation for additional information.
- When a File>Open panel is displayed, you can no longer drag files into the main window.
- Forced preference resets optionally called when an application preference level mismatch was found, did not work on Ventura. All preference resets are now handled by calling out to an OS external command.
- Fixed an issue where the CCE opened with only one or no rows displayed. This is a result of having fixed the font sizing in v6.16. We can only make this issue happen on the Sonoma beta ... but evidently it could happen on earlier OS versions as well.
Version 6.16 (11552.11547)
Renaming and Moving Files
- Rename templates now have an advanced settings panel.
- These settings enable:
- The removal of characters not permitted by Windows.
- The ability to trim leading spaces and underscores.
- The ability to trim trailing spaces, underscores and periods.
- The ability to compress sequences of multiple spaces and/or underscores to a single space or underscore.
- The ability to specify that rename transformations should be applied at the start of an IfDup sequence.
- Settings can be saved as default values for new rename templates.
- If any advanced setting is enabled, the default Preferences - Rename - Settings - Space handling is not performed.
- Default values can be established for the advanced settings.
- The Create Move Action Wizard now supports the overriding of the default exception Name, general exceptions and replacement sets.
- The Create Move Action Wizard now allows you to defer the specification of a base path until the action is run.
Main Window Edit Panels
- The All Tags and UD Text edit panels can display items with a JSON value in the Container Viewer.
Main Window Filters
- When filtering on named UDTIs, UD URLs or Comments, the name match is now case insensitive. This allows for common names written to audio files with different case requirements.
- One of the most confusing things related to the parallelism of Yate actions is that the if-else-endif construct often does not reflect the ability to isolate a single condition across files.
- File availability statements can be used in conjunction with comparisons which return results to track variables. However, these statements are confusing to many users and require the manual resetting of the available files.
- There is a new variant of the if-else-endif construct in this release. You can continue to test the action test state or you can now test a track variable.
- The new track variable form allows for the execution of the if and else components based on a track variable being true or false and automatically manipulates and restores the set of available files.
- See the if statement documentation for additional information.
Setting the Action Test State When Exiting an Action
- The Break, Exit, Exit Grouped, Exit Repeat, Next File and Restart Repeat Forever statements can optionally set the action test state to true, false or toggled, if the statement is executed always or the specified condition is met.
Other Action Statement Changes
- The deprecated statements: Linked to Apple App Test, Modified Test, Set Variable to Action Test State and Test Property have been removed. Current uses of the statements have been replaced with appropriate alternatives.
- The Add Item to Query Database no longer forces you to enter a meaningless key for keyless databases.
- The Copy Metadata Between Files statement now supports the use of the UI based settings defined in the Copy Metadata configuration.
- The UI based Copy Metadata functionality and the Copy Metadata Between Files and Transfer Metadata statements can now exclude User Defined URLs and named Comments as well as User Defined Text Items.
- The Date Functions statement has been enhanced to ease the ability to scan dates where the formatting is not known:
- With the exception of the Y M D format, day components can be followed by a suffix which is appropriate for the number. ie. st, nd, rd, th.
- Abbreviated symbolic months can be followed by a period. eg. February, Feb and Feb. are all valid.
- The supplied date format will be ignored if an unambiguous date of a different format is encountered. For example: Jan. 10, 2021 and 31-01-2000 will be parsed correctly for all date formats.
- The Extract Bracketed Text statement now has a balanced setting which forces balanced sequences of bracket delimiters.
- The Extract Data from Container statement's use of the secondary list delimiter (\:) can be overridden by placing a non empty value in named variable Container Secondary Delimiter.
- The Format Numeric statement has a new As Decimal Number mode. Useful when a non integer representation of a number is required for use in an expression.
- The List Item at Index/Sublist statement can now force per file processing when the source list is in a named variable and the destination is a track variable.
- The Open URL statement can now do a POST, PUT and DELETE.
- The Open URL statement can now generate fixed callback (redirect) URIs.
- The Prompt from Container statement has a new showSpaces key which causes a row's Value column to display centered dots for spaces.
- The Prompt for Text statement has a new means of identifying which menu item was hit when the text field is read only.
- The Re-Encode statement can now encode and decode Base64.
- The Set Container Object Item statement has been renamed to Set Container Item. The statement can now set array items and additionally can insert array items.
- New action statement named Show / Hide Columns.
- The Test File Type statement previously modified the action test state based on any file matching the specified types. You can now also select that all files must match and that no file must match.
- The Test Run Context statement has a new mode which always fails. It's a quick way to terminate an action and identify a location in it.
- The User Defined Fields statement can now specify that the specified name field is not to be automatically trimmed.
- The Zip/Unzip statement can now zip a single file.
- The \?ps sequence will return the text last issued by a Prompt Status statement.
- The Yate and the P Word and Renaming and Restructuring Files and Folders documents have been updated.
- The Yate and the P Word Snippets download has been updated.
- Many other resource actions have been updated and a few interesting new ones have been provided.
- The token editor was not always displaying centered dots for spaces unless it was formatted or reloaded.
- The token editor was not restoring spaces for centered dots when copying or cutting text.
- The Compare Date statement's falls in and not falls in functions did not always return accurate results. As the dates being compared can be placed in any order, the modes test for overlap.
- The Compare Numeric statement's text field was not always displayed when not comparing against a track variable. This only occurred if the statement was clicked on after already created.
- The Open URL statement's callback mechanism expected a ? immediately after the URI. It will now also accept /?
- The Prompt from Container statement was using the Columns setting for popupValues if a row had an empty array as the value. The Columns setting should only be used if popupValues does not exist in the row.
- The main window filter mechanism was not selecting the appropriate files when there were no matches made.
- Changing the font size was not working in the Combined Credits Editor.
- A few escape sequences were not properly hooked into the action editor's context menu Escape Sequence Description item.
- The context menu for the Artwork editing panel table had an extraneous menu item named Artwork Actions.
Earlier Version 6 Release Notes
Version 5 Release Notes
Version 4 Release Notes
Version 3 Release Notes
Version 2 Release Notes
Version 1 Release Notes