Version 184.108.40.206 (8036)
- The Repeat With statement's escaping of the source delimiter was broken for a source list in a named variable. Introduced in v4.7. Both the Repeat With and Build List statements now always handle escape sequences in the source delimiter field. Previously when the delimiter field was interpreted as characters, it was not unescaped.
Version 220.127.116.11 (8034)
- The Preferences-General-Custom Fields configurator was validating the supplied FLAC/OGG name for the APE field.
- Attempting to set an FLAC/OGG/APE Custom Field mapping to a name already mapped as an Involved People List Item would cause a crash.
- The new inline expression sequences were documented incorrectly as \\x(expression\\x.) and \\x(expression\\x) ... The correct sequences are \x(expression\x.) and \x(expression\x)
Version 4.7 (8033)
Additional Component Installation
- This version of the application requires installation of a few components.
- When you run the application you will be prompted to install the components.
- There is a new menu item named Install Additional Components on the Yate menu. This is primarily to handle the case where internet connectivity may be down when you first run the application.
- To handle the case where you run Yate in a secure environment with limited or no connectivity, instructions are supplied in a new topic called Manually Installing Required Components which can be found in the main help file.
- This version is the first where the application is hardened and notarized by Apple.
- As is currently done when saving files, Refresh iTunes will now export library only settings enabled in Preferences-iTunes-Auto Export. This means if you made changes while not linked to iTunes, you can now link and do a Refresh iTunes without having to also do an export. This change is also implemented in the associated action statement.
- The online help now enables the new Safari dark mode support.
- The inline display of online help in an Action Editor Window will now change its appearance when the window displays in dark mode.
- You can specify that a Custom Field should be displayed as a Checkbox via the Custom Panel Editor and as a Yes/No value in an Export Set. Previously there was no method of specifying a Yes/No display when a custom field is associated with a main window column. In Preferences-General-Custom Fields you can now specify that an associated main window column is to be displayed and edited as a Yes/No (boolean) value.
- Columns which display a value of Yes or No, now display ✓ for Yes and empty for No. Double clicking on any of these columns allows you to select Yes or No for all selected files. When inline editing, you can enter Y, Yes, True, any non zero integer value and most Unicode check mark characters for a value of Yes. Any other value is treated as No. The entered value is case insensitive.
- The Audio Properties table in the File Browser and on the Audio-General panel no longer has an ID3 Version field. The field has been renamed to Tag Scheme and displays additional information.
- There is a new built in sort preset called Video Sort available on the table header's content menu.
- Additional help topics on column layout presets, column sorting and autosizing are available on the main help page.
- There is a new Preferences-MusicBrainz setting called Always load Release Group. When this is set, a release group will always be loaded enabling the search for information which might not be present in the release. Currently this additional information includes Relationship URLs which can include a variety of interesting links to sources such as WikiPedia, lyrics, etc.
- Some tracks in a release have location/date metadata. This is of particular interest to people organizing classical music libraries. Roon is capable of reading the metadata. Four new normalized UDTIs have been introduced named: Recording Date, Recording Start Date, Recording End Date and Recording Location. There are four associated import items available in the wizard. Note that MusicBrainz returns the start and end dates. The Recording Date is included simply for completeness and if imported is always the same as Recording Start Time.
- When reading MP3 files which contain multiple tag constructs, the priority is ID3V2, APE, ID3V1.
- Note that APE tags are always tossed when an MP3 file is written.
Overriding the Open Mode
- By default, Yate preserves its Open Mode settings. You can now override this behaviour in three different situations. You configure the functionality in Preferences-File List.
Key Entry in Preferences
- In order to avoid errors when pasting keys into Preferences for APISEEDS and Fanart, the keys are now sanitized. After removing control characters and spaces, the first non empty line is retained as the key.
- There is a new Ape Version property which is set for all files containing APE tags (including MP3).
Action Statement Changes
- The Manipulate Artwork statement can now explicitly set a JPEG encoding to Baseline or Progressive. You can also now explicitly set the compression factor to the system default. Some options, previously restricted, are now available in more situations to avoid unnecessary manipulations.
- The Contents of Folder statement has a new option called Full paths. When set, full paths as opposed to filenames or folder names will be returned. A Choose button was also added.
- The Enumerate Tag Sets and Fields statement now inverts inverted Tag Sets before returning them.
- The Save statement's, Save MP3 files which have an ID3V1 tag option has been renamed to Save files with non standard tag containers. Essentially the semantics have been extended to force save any file which contains a non standard tag container. eg. APE or FLAC files with ID3 tags
- The List Count statement has a new option to save per file counts.
- The Exists statement now allows the specification of the set of fields to be tested as a list of symbolic field names which can effectively be specified at runtime.
- There is a new statement named Prompt for Fields. The statement can be used at runtime to choose fields. Full granularity is provided as to what fields are displayed and which are initially set.
- There is a new statement named Set Tag Set. The statement takes a list of fields and applies it to an existing tag set or automatically creates a new one. If there are no fields in the list, an existing tag set will be removed.
- Numeric expressions can now be evaluated in escape sequences.
- \x(expression\x) will evaluate expression as in the Evaluate Expression statement and may contain nested escape sequences. Note that the terminating sequence has a leading \ character. If the expression cannot be evaluated nothing is inserted. If the expression evaluation works, the inserted text will always be an integer value.
- \x(expression\.x) will evaluate expression as in the Evaluate Expression statement and may contain nested escape sequences. Note that the terminating sequence has a leading \ character. If the expression cannot be evaluated nothing is inserted. If the expression evaluation works, the inserted text may or may not include a fractional component.
- If the Shift key is depressed when invoking the context menu containing the Yate Field and Yate Initial Field submenus, all fields as opposed to only those with a single or default item are displayed .
- There is a new context menu item called Display Column Mappings. The database's column mappings will be displayed in the Log Viewer. Essentially export set metadata will be displayed.
- The [+], [-], etc. buttons under tables in various panels now display larger than in the past.
- The Discogs and MusicBrainz wizards' Release window now changes the size of both tables with Cmd+ and Cmd-. Previously only the bottom table was adjusted.
- Link controls on edit panels are now blue.
- The Set Open Mode statement was not preserving a setting of Playlist mode.
- Preferences-General-Notifications-Remove Notification on Exit in Prefs-Notifications was never enabled. Introduced when Growl support was dropped.
- The Create Stubs and Set Action Test State from File Type statements were not properly enabling WavPack.
- The List Manipulate statement when performing Remove One/Match, was not properly handling empty delimiter fields. They should have been defaulted to \~.
- When creating databases and preserving the sidecar file, the test for equality was a little too lax.
- While not really a bug, the regular expression Return Ranges+ option was returning a ridiculously large number for a not found capture group. The length field was correct at 0. Simply for legibility reasons, a -1 will now be returned instead. ie. -1,0
- When searching for Variable 0 in an action editor, a Set Action Test State statement which was not using variables as a source, would be matched.
- The Category field when not associated with a list was displaying the same list components as Content Advisory.
- The Enumerate Tag Sets and Fields statement with the Create a list of all non simple text fields option was not returning the correct list.
- The Action Editor window's Find panel was not displaying the correct per-type choices.
Older Version 4 Release Notes
Version 3 Release Notes
Version 2 Release Notes
Version 1 Release Notes