Version 22.214.171.124 (8679)
- When closing linked files with unsaved changes a refresh error was being issued. Note that this error did not occur when files were saved.
Version 126.96.36.199 (8678)
- Now handle additional chapter encoding in audiobooks.
- The Close/Save Query Database statement has a new setting named Filter on grabbed close. When the option is set and a query database which is grabbing an open database is closed, the named variable Query Database Grabbed Close Filter contains a list of row indexes. The open database is filtered such that only the specified rows are visible.
- The Column Value List From Query Database statement now has a diacritic insensitive option.
- The Prompt for Fields statement now supports process all but the selected items.
- Channel mode for ALAC files when viewing the raw data was incorrectly displayed
- The Remove Apple App PIDs statement was not removing them all.
- The Test Property statement was always doing an All test.
- The Edit Finder Tags functionality from the UI was crashing.
Version 5.1.3 (8665)
Apple Apps and the Media Type Field in MPEG-4 Files
- The Preferences-Audio-MPEG-4 Map stik atom to Media Type setting has been eliminated. All manipulation of the low level stik atom is handled automatically.
- Yate will now preserve whatever you enter into the Media Type field. It will automatically produce a stik atom whenever the Media Type field contains a supported value.
- Whenever the Media Type field contains an appropriate Media Kind, the low level stik atom will be written to the file.
- stik atoms are only read by an Apple application when files are added. If the file does not have a stik atom (due to an inappropriate Media Type), the application will choose a type based on its own criteria.
- If you want to target files to specific Apple application Media Kinds you have to choose the correct values, as you did prior to this release.
- The auto importing and exporting of the Media Type field works exactly as it did prior to this release.
- There is a chance that a previously empty Media Type field will show an Apple application value. Nothing has actually changed in the files. If you clear the field and resave the file the field will load as empty.
Identifying Progressive JPEG Images
- Certain media streamers evidently have issues with progressive JPEG images. The Index Artwork and Manipulate Artwork action statements provide the means of testing and re-encoding these images. We're now exposing new capabilities in the UI to do the same.
- Progressive JPEG images will display a mime type of image/jpeg* in any main window artwork viewer.
- There is a new main window filter named Artwork Progressive - default which can be used to identify any audio file where the default (first) artwork item is a progressive JPEG.
- There is a new main window filter named Artwork Progressive - any which can be used to identify audio files containing a progressive JPEG image in any position.
- The Artwork menu has a new submenu named Progressive JPEG to Baseline. There are items named Default and All.
- When sorting the main window to selected first, the content is now positioned so that the selection is visible.
- When filtering with one of the Selected modes, the contents is now positioned so that the selection is visible.
- Various Yate menu items related to preference changes were not disabled when the Preference window had a sheet displayed.
- The Artwork>Search for Artwork menu item Fanart.tv, Cover Art Archive, Discogs Settings menu item was hanging.
- The Fanart.tv, Cover Art Archive, Discogs Settings configuration in Preferences-Artwork was hanging.
- Context sensitive help was not displayed for the Video editing panel.
- The Media Type field was not being written correctly in MPEG-4 files on 10.15 if the now removed Preferences-Audio-General Map stik atom to Media Type setting was not enabled. Further, if the option was not enabled, it was possible that multiple unhandled stik atoms were written. stik atoms are now always handled.
- The stik atom settings were not always optimal for the TV application on 10.15.
Version 5.1.2 (8648)
- You can now create droplets on the desktop which set a specific Open Mode and run a specified action whenever files are dropped on them.
- Droplets are created via Preferences-General-Droplets.
- While the droplets are always created on the desktop they can be moved to any folder.
- Running a droplet without dragging files to it will display the Open Mode settings and the designated action.
Empty Work Name Fields
- v188.8.131.52 added the Preferences-Apple Apps-General-Update Apple App on empty Grouping option.
- As the default Apple App processing entwines Grouping and Work Name in ID3 files, there is now a new Preferences-Apple Apps-General-Update Apple App on empty Work Name option.
- Both of these options are ignored by MPEG-4 files.
- The Date Functions statement has been enhanced. All previous uses of the statement will operate as expected.
- The statement is now very lenient when parsing a date. A number of date-time formats are now accepted.
- The statement can now format output dates in a variety of formats.
- The statement can now be used to reformat a date without performing any other functionality.
- The statement can be used in conjunction with Scanner statements.
- The following statements have a new Diacritic insensitive option which causes the statements to ignore accents:
- Build List
- Compare Text Text
- Find & Remove
- Issue Database Query
- Index Of
- List Contains Test
- List Manipulate
- Repeat With
- The Find & Remove statement has a new then trim option. When set, any modified value will have leading and trailing spaces removed.
- The Preferences statement has a new single setting named No Auto Tag Writes on Save. This setting is intended to be used when you are attempting to remove all tag information from a file. This typically involves the use of a Clear statement followed by a Save statement. This setting only makes sense if you are clearing all tag information as it only disables those items which can write tag information not affected by a Clear. More detailed information is given in the online help.
The Multi Field Editor
- The Find & Remove function has a new Trim option. When set, any modified value will have leading and trailing spaces removed.
- When producing databases the following fields will no longer display as 0 when they are empty: Disc, Disc Count, Movement Count, Movement Number, Track, Track Count.
- Open Opus (openopus.org) provides free classical metadata for a number of composers and their works.
- For now the dataset is being provided as a Yate database file.
- There is also an action which can be run from the database to view composer artwork.
- The database and action are available in the Templates section of the resources page.
Older Version 5 Release Notes
Version 4 Release Notes
Version 3 Release Notes
Version 2 Release Notes
Version 1 Release Notes