Version 4.6 (7879)
New Audio File Support
- Monkey's Audio (.ape) and WavPack (.wv) audio formats are now supported.
- Yate will read ID3V1, ID3V2, APEV1 and APEV2 tags in .ape files. Typically only APEV2 tags are written, however you can elect to additionally write an ID3V1 tag.
- Yate will read ApeV1 and ApeV2 tags in .wv files. Only APEV2 tags are written.
- There is a new section called Ape Mappings used to control the mappings for .ape and .wv files.
- The Audio section has a new tab for APE settings. These settings apply to .ape and .wv files.
- New settings in Audio-Common to support the configuration of the BPM field to allow fractional values. These options control the display and writing of the values. note that for compatibility reasons the standard low level mapping will always contain an integer value. A fully managed second tag is used to store BPM values with a fractional component. In the UI you only see and edit the value with a (potential) fractional component.
- The File List section has a new option named Auto size column widths after loading files. Essentially after loading files an Auto Size All Columns Limited will automatically be executed. All columns except those that are excessively wide will be resized to a full display width.
- Tag Sets can now be specified as inverted. ie. Process all but the Selected Fields. When saving an inverted set from any list of fields, the new Tag Set will retain the inverted property.
- New Shortcut menu to access Auto Size functions.
Auto Sizing Columns
- On windows that support the auto sizing of columns a new standardized submenu has been created.
- New limited modes are provided which are essentially an auto size followed by a downsize.
Regular Expression Tester
- There is a new function mode called Return Ranges+. This is the same as Return Ranges, except that capture group ranges are also returned.
- The above functionality is also available in the Regular Expression action statement. Interfacing with the Regular Expression Tester is provided.
The Multi Field Editor
- The Replace function now supports regular expressions.
- Statements which directly reference audio file types now also support APE tags or .ape and .wv files.
Combined Credits Editor
- Changes to the Known Credits table:
- ~1000 MusicBrainz credits are now displayed and may be filtered.
- ~250 of these credits are new to the table.
- Changes to the Track Credits table:
- You can now swap the position of the Person and Credit columns by dragging a column header.
- Simple credit items, eg (Artist), now sort inline ignoring the ().
- All columns can be sorted.
- Opening a Query Database will no longer fail if an associated sidecar file does not exist. The required fields from the sidecar file will be synthesized from the column headers. Note that a sidecar file will not be written when closing the Query Database. To auto generate a sidecar file, simply open the database in Yate and save it.
- Audio File Health Check has been updated to process .ape and .wv files.
- The Repair Files from Audio File Health Check Log action has been updated.
- For users of Audirvana+, an updated template is provided which reflects the current version's extended fields.
- Modifying a FLAC mapping associated with a Custom Field, in Preferences-FLAC Mappings, did not reflect the changes to the Custom Field configurator.
- The roles (credits) in FLAC Performer mappings now handle multiple levels of nested parenthesis.
- When FLAC tags were written, they were effectively being trimmed. This did not effect most users, however there are times when the exact format of a tag must be preserved.
- The 'current' main window filter was not being imported/exported.
- Main window and database viewer filter panels were not resizing properly.
- When displaying the Multi Field Editor via a field's associated function button, Process All but the Selected Fields was not being reset to Process the Selected Fields.
- The main window's filter editor was crashing when filtering on item types which contain a space followed by a left parenthesis.
- Fixed a crash in the Column Value List from Query Database action statement when caseless was selected.
- The iTunes Grouping Compatibility property's G flag was not cleared if required after saving a file. The appropriate changes were saved, only the display did not update.
- When importing data from a preview in a Regular Expression statement, the statement's display line was not updated until you clicked off the line.
- When adding to the staging playlist from a different database, duplicates could be entered.
- When modifying the Test Only setting in the Export Metadata statement, you had to click off the statement to view the change.
Older Version 4 Release Notes
Version 3 Release Notes
Version 2 Release Notes
Version 1 Release Notes