- APISEEDS is no longer allocating API keys. They haved moved to a new service named Happi.dev. Yate v6.4 introduced support for the new API. At this time it looks like APISEEDS has stopped working. Support has been removed in the v6.5.
- The Music application does not update album artwork when an audio track is refreshed. Artwork is extracted but is only associated with the track and not the album. If you do a Get Info on individual tracks you can see that the per track artwork has been updated but it is not used by the application. This means that when artwork is changed in Yate, Music does not fully update. There is no workaround other than deleting and adding back the tracks.
A solution was introduced in Yate v6.0. This solution is built into the UI and is also available via action statements. The functionality is grouped under the name of Patch Artwork in Music/TV. Please read the documentation as there are potential side effects. You can find the associated topics via Yate>Search Yate Help. Search for Patch Artwork.
- When a playlist is programmatically deleted in the Music or TV applications, the playlist does not appear to be deleted. It is. If the application is quit then restarted the playlist will not be there.
- The Music and TV applications seem to have a delayed loading of playlist information. When these applications are launched by the execution of a List of Apple App Playlists statement, the result is empty as the applications reply with incorrect information. If the application is already running, the statement operates as expected.
- There is a sporadic error in the Music application when an album is added. Music returns PIDs for all tracks which are saved. However from time to time, the first track is not committed to the Music database. Manually starting the Music application as opposed to letting Yate open it automatically via AppleScript calls may or may not alleviate the issue.
- There are still issues with Open/Save file panels on 10.15. At times a panel simply does not open. This has been found in Yate and other applications. Closing and re-opening the application typically helps but at times a system reboot is required. The issues seem to be resolved in Big Sur.
- While not a Yate issue, Catalina does not display artwork for AIFF files in the Finder. Apple fixed the issue in Big Sur.