- As of 10.15.6 and 11.0 Beta 6 the Music application does not update album artwork when an audio track is refreshed. Artwork is extracted but is only associated with the track and not the album. If you do a Get Info on individual tracks you can see that the per track artwork has been updated but it is not used by the application. This means that when artwork is changed in Yate, Music does not fully update. There is no workaround other than deleting and adding back the tracks.
The Resources web page has actions in the Actions section filed under Extreme Update Apple Apps. These actions force the Music application to update the artwork. All supported library only metadata such as ratings, skip when shuffling, etc. are maintained. The actions also preserve the presense of tracks in user playlists. ie. not Genius or Smart. As an unintended benefit the actions correct the issue of Music splitting albums into multiple instances.
A better solution was introduced in Yate v6.0. This solution is built into the UI and is also available via action statements. The functionality is grouped under the name of Patch Artwork in Music/TV. Please read the documentation as there are potential side effects. You can find the associated topics via Yate>Search Yate Help. Search for Patch Artwork.
- When a playlist is programmatically deleted in the 10.15.x Music or TV application, the playlist does not appear to be deleted. It is. If the application is quit then restarted the playlist will not be there.
- The Music and TV applications seem to have a delayed loading of playlist information. When these applications are launched by the execution of a List of Apple App Playlists statement, the result is empty as the applications reply with incorrect information. If the application is already running, the statement operates as expected.
- There are still issues with Open/Save file panels on 10.15. At times a panel simply does not open. This has been found in Yate and other applications. Closing and re-opening the application typically helps but at times a system reboot is required. The issues which were worse on 11.0 have been resolved as of beta 4.
- 10.15 is no longer displaying artwork for AIFF files in the Finder.