macOS 10.12 (Monterey) - added 2022-04-02
- The Apple Music application sometimes has issues when passed a lot of requests to add files to the library. This was found while using the batch processor to recreate a library. The error message is typically of the form:
(M) Error -2700 occured on addLink(path to file, 0) call: Error adding path to file(Music got an error: Can’t make some data into the expected type.)
There is nothing wrong with the data as the API is only passed the path to the file and a second parameter of 0.
Adding the files in the Yate UI typically fixes the issue.
- A similar error is possible if you are batch exporting to the Music application. While there is error handling around all setting of metadata in the Music application, it seems as if it can still throw a hard error and it complains about its inability to set data. The following is the only sample we've seen:
(M) Error -2700 occured on setDatax(61670EBEE3E242FD, -1, -1, 0, 0, -1, -1, 200, , , 0, 0, -1, 0, -1, ?) call: Error setting shufflable
Exporting in the Yate UI worked as expected.
Custom Panels - added 2022-04-01
- If a single field has a fixed or minimum size and that size is larger than is available in the current window size, the field may not operate correctly. For example a Comment field occupies 10 grid rows and the window is resized such that only 6 grid rows can be visible. Text fields only scroll properly when they are entirely visible. Prior to Yate v6.6, the minimum height of the main window was always set to the size required by the largest custom panel so this could not happen. If you encounter this issue, resize the main window.
Music & TV Applications - added after Big Sur released
- The Music application does not update album artwork when an audio track is refreshed. Artwork is extracted but is only associated with the track and not the album. If you do a Get Info on individual tracks you can see that the per track artwork has been updated but it is not used by the application. This means that when artwork is changed in Yate, Music does not fully update. There is no workaround other than deleting and adding back the tracks.
A solution was introduced in Yate v6.0. This solution is built into the UI and is also available via action statements. The functionality is grouped under the name of Patch Artwork in Music/TV. Please read the documentation as there are potential side effects. You can find the associated topics via Yate>Search Yate Help. Search for Patch Artwork.
- When a playlist is programmatically deleted in the Music or TV applications, the playlist does not appear to be deleted. It is. If the application is quit then restarted the playlist will not be there.
- The Music and TV applications seem to have a delayed loading of playlist information. When these applications are launched by the execution of a List of Apple App Playlists statement, the result is empty as the applications reply with incorrect information. If the application is already running, the statement operates as expected.
- There is a sporadic error in the Music application when an album is added. Music returns PIDs for all tracks which are saved. However from time to time, the first track is not committed to the Music database. Manually starting the Music application as opposed to letting Yate open it automatically via AppleScript calls may or may not alleviate the issue.
macOS 10.15 (Catalina) - added after Catalina released
- There are issues with Open/Save file panels on 10.15. At times a panel simply does not open. This has been found in Yate and other applications. Closing and re-opening the application typically helps but at times a system reboot is required.
- While not a Yate issue, Catalina does not display artwork for AIFF files in the Finder. Apple fixed the issue in Big Sur.