This action illustrates how to extract embedded information from one field and store it to another. In this case we are looking for a release time embedded in square brackets inside the Album field.
album name [release time] possible additional text
----- Start of action 'Extract Release Time from Album Field'
- Force Grouped Execution
- An action to extract the release time from an Album field. The release is enclosed in square brackets.
- Look for a [...] sequence in the Album field. If found, save the contents to Variable 1 and remove the sequence from the Album field
- Extract text from field Album Bracketed by [ ] then remove. Save to Variable 1
- if true
- Album has been modified and Variable 1 contains the extracted sequence.
- Clean up spaces in both fields.
- Copy the extracted data to the Release Time field.
- Trim the Album and Variable 1 fields (SP) [->SP]
- Copy the Variable 1 field to the Release Time field
----- End of action 'Extract Release Time from Album Field'
Actions: Extract Release Time from Album Field
2014-10-17 First release.
2015-02-09 Minor cleanup.
2018-04-03 Updated for Yate v4.