By design, Yate does not support the deleting of audio files. If you wish to delete files this action will move all selected files to a folder named YateTrash on the containing volume or in your home directory. The action also serves as a good example of the parallelism features of the stepwise execution mode.
----- Start of action 'Move to YateTrash'
- This action moves the selected files to a YateTrash folder.
- Depending on the original path to the file, a YateTrash folder will be created in:
- This is a safe method of preparing files to be deleted. Regardless of the original path, the tracks are moved to a YateTrash folder. (Duplicate names are saved as such). Note that empty folders and parent folders are removed.
- Subsequent deleting of the tracks only requires a singled Move to Trash in the Finder.
- Cancel if the current execution context does not support support Interactive+Stepwise
- Get Property Path to File -> Variable 0
- Set Variable 8 to the item at index "1" of the list in field Variable 0 delimiter "/"
- Set Variable 9 to the item at index "2" of the list in field Variable 0 delimiter "/"
- Set Variable 2 to "/\v8/\v9/YateTrash"
- Move to \v2/<Start Filename> (delete original and parent folder if empty)
- Stop Action and Close Files
----- End of action 'Move to YateTrash'
Actions: Move to YateTrash
Rename Templates: Start Filename
2016-07-01 First release.
2016-07-05 The filenames were not being preserved. The files are now closed.
2016-08-26 v3.14 optimizations.