The Comment below pretty much says it all. A sample Unicode Replacements set is supplied. The supplied set changes single and double quote variants to their standard ASCII/ISO-88591-1 (ISO-Latin-1) equivalents.
Note that the action as supplied modifies the Album, Album Artist, Artist and Title fields. You can add or remove fields to be modified on the Replace statement.
----- Start of action 'Replace Unicode Characters'
- This action is intended to replace Unicode characters with ASCII or Latin-1 (ISO8859-1) characters.
- The characters to be replaced and the replacement values are loaded from a Replacement Set named 'Unicode Replacements'.
- The 'from' column of the replacements set's items contains a list of characters to be replaced with a different string. Typically the 'to' column will contain a single character. This is not checked at runtime. Therefore each matched character can be replaced with a multi-character or empty string.
- NOTE: You can change the Replace statement at the end to modify whatever fields you wish. As supplied only the Album, Album Artist, Artist and Title fields are modified.
- Extract named replacement set 'Unicode Replacements' as a key-value list in named variable 'Rep-Sets'
- Repeat With Variable 1 for the list in named variable 'Rep-Sets' (Initial) string delimiter "\~" Run inline action 'Handle 1 Replacement'
- Start Handle 1 Replacement -
- Variable 1 contains an enumerated item from the 'Unicode Replacements' Replacement Set. This is a key-value where the key is the characters to be replaced and the value is the replacement text.
- Split Field Variable 1 at delimiter "\k" save right portion to Variable 2
- Replace "\v1", match characters in Title and 3 other fields with "\v2"
----- End of action 'Replace Unicode Characters'
Actions: Replace Unicode Characters
Replacement Set: Unicode Replacements
2016-01-18 First release.