Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2
[Solved] Artwork Size Error
DreamStaticPostDecember 3, 2013, 15:35
Beginner
October 26, 2013, 16:46
Normal topic[Solved] Artwork Size Error

While doing the default Artwork search I have ran into a bit of an issue. It appears the URL found is pointing to the larger 1200x1200 artwork, but the actual image pulled into the artwork panel is only 288x285. I have seen this happen a few times. Do you know if there is a setting I need to change somewhere? Thanks for the info.

BTW, it appears the 1200x1200 artwork in these examples are being applied to the mp3 files and the folder.jpg. So appears to just be a visual bug in the Artwork panel. Which threw me off at first because I was googling for better artwork thinking it was only 288x288. 🙂

2MR2PostDecember 3, 2013, 15:56
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Artwork Size Error

When I use the metadata in the images you sent and do the Auto Search for Artwork, I'm getting the correct dimensions under Mime Type.

Do you have any scaling set in Preferences-Artwork? Are you using the UI or an action? Do you have images in place when you do the search?

2MR2PostDecember 3, 2013, 15:58
Administrator

Never mind. 🙂

I may have found something. More info soon.

2MR2PostDecember 3, 2013, 16:02
Administrator

Oops. False alarm. It looks like Mavericks is upscaling folder icons in Mavericks. Can you check the following:

Do you have any scaling set in Preferences-Artwork? Are you using the UI or an action? Do you have images in place when you do the search?

DreamStaticPostDecember 3, 2013, 16:19
Beginner

I am using OS X 10.8.5

I have "do not scale" in the Preferences-Artwork.

I am using the action - Auto Search for Artwork (Search and Use Defaults selected)

Not sure what you mean on your last question, the files do already have smaller artwork embedded most of the time.

2MR2PostDecember 3, 2013, 16:49
Administrator

Thanks. I can't make it happen but I can see that when I display the metadata I'm using the image's stated dimensions as opposed to the calculated dimensions. Mac images do not always report their size as the largest representation. This shouldn't matter as I always force the size to be the largest....so reading the stated dimensions should not matter. Should of, would of, etc.

A new round of questions and requests:

1) Does the display issue happen if the action is rerun on the same file?

2) Do you have a Retina display?

For the next 2 items copy one of the files you described to a folder by itself. Then open the new folder in Yate.

3) Try resizing the image tab to be larger in width and height. Remove the artwork item by unchecking it; save the file and then run the action again. See if the stated size changes.

4) Drag the image from the artwork panel to the desktop. Remove the artwork item by unchecking it; save the file and drag the image back in from the desktop. Is there a change in the stated size?

Answers to the above items should help 🙂

DreamStaticPostDecember 3, 2013, 17:25
Beginner

1) If I rerun on same file it gives artwork found is duplicate error and does not change the small view artwork in the artwork panel.

2) No, I do not have a Retina display - but if you send me one I can test it. LOL

3) Resizing does not change anything. Removing saving, and then re-adding and re-running the action still shows the same issue.

4) Yes, dragging it to the desktop and then dragging back in does update the view to the correct larger size.

2MR2PostDecember 3, 2013, 17:58
Administrator

1) That's good. Yate will not load the same artwork data twice for the same track. In fact Yate caches a single data representation of artwork across all files.

2) We're both out of luck 🙁

3) Good that means the invalid size is being obtained from the artwork.

4) Good again. That means Yate has the correct artwork. When it is dragged back in Yate forces the image size to the maximum representation.

All this means that it looks as if the image's stated size is not the maximum bitmap representation of the image. This shouldn't be possible because Yate sets the size to the maximum. However....perhaps this is another Mavericks internal change.

I'll force the metadata display to use the calculated size.

Thanks for helping out.

2MR2PostDecember 3, 2013, 18:14
Administrator

Please check your registered email address for a test link.

DreamStaticPostDecember 3, 2013, 18:25
Beginner

I will give it a go and will report back if I find anything further. Thanks again for your awesome responsiveness. In the past I had to use multiple applications to do all my tagging. Yate has replaced them all. I love being able to use just one app. Thank you again.

Pages: 1 2
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.037 seconds.