Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Question. Capturing Folder Path
ChuckClasikPostOctober 25, 2022, 17:08
Beginner
January 22, 2015, 22:06
Normal topicQuestion. Capturing Folder Path

Hello, hoping Mr 2MR2 or any other seasoned scriptor/scripter of Yate can help me along. So I'm working on a ton of files for a radio station, well the benefit of it, I get the music as well. But it's really, really badly tagged, to, basically nothing but paths. I've been chugging along with a script for mass tagging these files, and for the most part, got it. But I'm only about 28gb in of a little 256. To say the least, I'm going to need to get this done a bit more efficiently!!

Here is what I'm trying to do. An example file/folder /Volumes/My Filez/Music/GoGo/To Tag/Bela Dona/BELA DONA My Place 11-2-09/My Place 11-2-09 (Disc 1)/1-04 11_2_09 @ My Place Part 4.mp3 ( I so wish there was a forced minimum tagging standard!!!)

After sorting through the hundreds of folders, you'll see after /To Tag, that's the artist field. The next in the path is the album. For the most part, I've been able to get thru a good bit of the little 28GB I've done with that. But that next / is the issue. Folders with separate Discs. Now, after all of that wind of an explanation, what I'm looking for is,

1. Parse the (Disc *) portion into something I can either scan for or find in the Path for File to Tag or equivalent.
2. Use that (Disc *) as an indicator that When I do my move functions to Subfolders I need to use a different move/rename Template. (I know this can be done with If statements and whatnot, but not sure what to key in on)

I pretty much have the rest, and these files are a dirty mess of a nest, but I'm working through it. But how much better would it be to just click a button and have it a good majority done. I believe and know, Yate can do it, but my brain is fried between .net and all the other Windoz madness.

Any insight is much appreciated.

2MR2PostOctober 25, 2022, 18:28
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Hi,

/Bela Dona --> artist

/BELA DONA My Place 11-2-09 --> artist again, album, release date?

/My Place 11-2-09 (Disc 1) --> album again, year again, disk number

/1-04 11_2_09 @ My Place Part 4.mp3 --> disc-track, year, @title

Yuck! Can I see a few more examples, including those which do not have (Disc #)

If you need more give me a more detailed breakdown.

If I understand correctly, you're extracting the Artist, Album and Title okay??? If I'm wrong, let me know. Do you want a script to pull out everything and let you know if there was a (Disc #) component? ... or just the (Disc #) component

ChuckClasikPostOctober 25, 2022, 21:02
Beginner
January 22, 2015, 22:06

Yeah, it's realllllly ugly.. So, I painstakingly got all the perspective albums under the Band's folder. As an example. /Volume/Music/GoGo/To Tag. Within that folder /Band/Album/Files. Those are fairly easy to tag at least that much from the folder structure. But, In some cases, I'll come across /Band/Album/Disk 1 or /Band/Album/ Disk 2. To complicate it further, Some are /Band/Album/Disk Folders/Disk 1 and so on. It's tricky because there is no rhyme or reasoning.I rather not go thru nearly a thousand folders to get this done. I'm getting there, and may be thinking too hard. Hell, a good majority of the files have no tag information at all. It's mandess. I'm not looking for it to be perfect, but some sort of starting point. It's daunting. But I'm anal about my tagging.

I'm from the record store days, when recordings had labels, else you'd never find what you were looking for.. We need tagging enforcement standards.. LOL!! Thanks for all you do.

2MR2PostOctober 25, 2022, 21:43
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Download:

https://2manyrobots.com/actions/Dump-All-File-Paths.zip

Install and then run the action through the Batch Processor. Select the root folder of the files. The Batch Processor options are irrelevant. When done you'll have a file at ~/Documents/Yate/FileDump.txt. It'll have the full paths of all the files. Zip it up and send it to support@2manyrobots.com. We'll take this topic out of the forum for now.

I'm sure I can find something to help. I can have a look at the file tomorrow.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.019 seconds.