Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Using the Access Musicbrainz function
wcagePostFebruary 4, 2023, 19:48
February 5, 2023, 00:13
Normal topicUsing the Access Musicbrainz function

I am admittedly a Yate noob. This thing is a beast! Trying to get up to speed. I have used other tools to clean up a portion of my library and I now have a grouping that consists only of files that comprise full album and have the key tags up to date. This includes the Musicbrainz Release ID.

I noted that the Genre tag is not updated though. I dove into Yate to see if I could create a script to get only the genre from Musicbrainz and update the tag. The Access Musicbrainz function appears to be perfect. I played with it and it appears that by setting it to use Release Matching and selecting the single value Genre in the Custom setting I could get what I wanted.

I ran the single line script in batch mode, selected a folder for a single album and turned on logging. The script ran. The log shows the previous version with blank genres and the new value with the correct values. Woo hoo! I closed the script, reloaded the same folder and no genres were updated. I added a Save to the script and tried it again. Same result, the log shows that the function is doing exactly what I want, but I can’t get the results into the tag.

Can someone point me in the right direction here? This seems simple, but I can’t figure it out.

2MR2PostFebruary 4, 2023, 20:06
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

With the Access MusicBrainz statement, when you only have Log changes set, nothing is saved to the files. You have to enable Import Changes or Both.

A Save command is only required if you didn't enable the Auto-Save Files setting when starting the Batch Processor.

Also make sure the checkboxes in the Custom setting panel show checkboxes and not dashes. Dashes mean, only if empty.

wcagePostFebruary 4, 2023, 23:19
February 5, 2023, 00:13

Yeah, I knew it was something simple. I thought I had that set correctly, but, alas, it wan’t. Thanks for your help. This is quite a program.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.