Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Directory tree not updating after changes by Yate
jasonfellowsPostFebruary 24, 2023, 16:53
February 24, 2023, 21:33
Normal topicDirectory tree not updating after changes by Yate

I use an action that moves/deletes folders. Recently, those changes aren't reflected in the directory tree (i.e. folders that are no longer present are still shown there).

Is there any known issue? Is there a way to refresh the tree without having to close and reopen Yate?

2MR2PostFebruary 24, 2023, 17:17
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

When files are deleted in macOS a system event is triggered which is caught by the Finder and causes it to update its display.

What version of macOS are you using and is the data on an internal or external drive? In theory none of the answers should matter as the Finder is supposed to receive the events. Yate moving or deleting a folder/file is no different than doing it in the terminal. Closing and reopening Yate should make no difference. However closing and reopening the Finder windows should .. unless it is caching.

All that being said, it is possible that under certain drive conditions, due to a delay on the triggering of the events, the Finder may not update.

There is a new action I posted on the resources page a few days ago for a user who was having intermittent issues with an external drive. It's called, Finder Refresh. It's a simple action which uses Applescript to tell the finder to refresh the contents of all displayed windows.

Give the action a try. I have no idea why things should have changed recently. Yate is really not involved in the update process.

Let me know how it goes.

2MR2PostFebruary 24, 2023, 17:49
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

I just thought of something else. Do you mean that Yate's File Browser is not updating? The File Browser uses the same mechanism as the Finder to be made aware of changes. There is not currently any method to force an update in the FIle Browser ... although it would be easy to add. The File Browser does not cache anything so simply changing the folder and redisplaying it will cause it to update. If you meant the File Browser ... please let me know.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.023 seconds.