I have tried setting the Preferences-m3u Files-Filename field to:
(Artist)(Album)

But this just produces (Artist)(Album).m3u

Thanks

2MR2PostMarch 17, 2023, 13:32
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicPreference M3U filename

I assume that you're creating per folder m3u files. The preferences do not currently support the use of tokens or escape sequences in the name field. I will add this in whatever comes next.

It should be trivial to do in an action but it turns out that the action sequence is only unescaping the name field once and not per folder. This will also be fixed.

For now I've written you an action which seems to do what you want by processing a folder at a time.

Download the action at: https://2manyrobots.com/actions/Create-M3U-files-named-Artist-Album.zip

Drag the zip to the main window's file list area. This will give you an action named: Create M3U files named Artist-Album

The action works on multiple folders in all selected files. It will extract Artist and Album from a single file in the folder.

You may have to edit line 11 in the action. It's currently creating standard m3u files and is using relative paths.

Let me know if I've misunderstood what you're after.

2MR2PostMarch 17, 2023, 14:36
Administrator

The Preferences - M3U filename field supports escape sequences on it's context menu to insert metadata. It's in the code stream for the next release.

gamutPostMarch 18, 2023, 03:09
March 17, 2023, 15:03

Many Thanks for that and the quick response, I did find that there was an action but then had another thought...
I have a file structure:
/
Artist#1
Album#1
Album#2
Artist#2
Album#3
Album#4
Artist#3
Album#5
Album#6
etc...
I would like to create 1 m3u file for each album (so in the above example, 6 m3u files) and the m3u file(s) to be placed in the root directory.
The content of the m3u file to be:
Artist#1/Album#1/song#1
Artist#1/Album#1/song#2
Artist#1/Album#1/song#3
Artist#1/Album#1/song#4
etc...

Is this possible or have I just stepped over the line.
If not - I can achieve this I guess by creating the m3u file with Yate, then editing (or using a script to append the desired path) and then moving it manually.
Again many thanks

2MR2PostMarch 18, 2023, 08:44
Administrator

This is possible. To do an album a time you do not need an action. Load a single action and do a File>Create Single m3u File. Name and place the file to be created wherever you want and make sure that Write absolute paths is not checked.

If you want to do this automatically for your entire collection at once, it requires a small action. Let me know if that's what you want ... and if you want each m3u named Artist - Album as previously. Also, do you mean Album Artist or Artist. Many albums have tracks with different Artist fields.

gamutPostMarch 18, 2023, 13:10

I was using File>Create Single m3u File, but I thought it would be better if it would just pickup the Artist-Album automatically like the Action

The action that you have already produced will do it, the only issue is that the m3u file only contained the songs as opposed to the path (which is not the absolute path):
[Artist#1]/[album#1]/song#1
[Artist#1]/[album#1]/song#2
[Artist#1]/[album#1]/song#3

If you could tell me how to put that into the m3u file that would be appreciated

Thanks
Scott

2MR2PostMarch 18, 2023, 14:34
Administrator

When the system panel opens to choose the name and location of the m3u ... if Write absolute paths is not checked, the paths will be written as relative to the folder containing the m3u.

If Write absolute paths is checked, full paths are written.

So if you want the paths to be written as Artist/Album/song, write the m3u to the folder containing the artist folders and make sure that Write absolute paths is not checked.

If you want to do it automatically, download the action at:

https://2manyrobots.com/actions/Create-M3U-files-named-Artist-Album-2-levels-up.zip

For every folder represented by the selected files, the action will create an m3u named Artist-Album, two folders up ... which is the folder containing your artist folders.

gamutPostMarch 20, 2023, 13:58

Thanks I will take a look when I have a chance and give it a go - and report back 🙂

gamutPostMarch 21, 2023, 05:30

That is creating m3u files with the absolute path. This is fine if I create the m3u file when all songs are on the flash drive, but not relevant if I create the m3u file when on the computer.

Thanks for your assistance and helping me understand how the "Actions" feature works...

Scott

2MR2PostMarch 21, 2023, 11:03
Administrator

My bad. I was using a relative path specification which causes the test for 'common path components' to fail when producing the m3u.

I've fixed it. You can download the update at the same path:

https://2manyrobots.com/actions/Create-M3U-files-named-Artist-Album-2-levels-up.zip

Make sure that the action is Version 2 and that your browser is not caching the old download. You can verify the version in the Action Manager.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.039 seconds.