Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Some kind of "ditto" function
SnowdogPostJune 5, 2023, 07:04
Pro
March 15, 2022, 17:12
Normal topicSome kind of "ditto" function

This may well exist & I just don't know where it is, but I am currently selecting a few track & then going:

Actions > User Defined > *scroll down to arrow in list* > *mouse out to choose one of the pair that is under that arrow* > Select > Type in pattern > OK

And repeat.

Once I've selected the tracks, it would be great to have some kind of "repeat last action" command.

Is there one already?

Unfortunately, there is not enough consistency between the pieces of music for me to automate the selection process as a whole, but once the tracks are selected I'm doing the same thing over & over.

Being able to shortcut that would be great!

2MR2PostJune 5, 2023, 07:25
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicSome kind of

There is no 'last action' button or method. ..... however, there is a toolbar icon for Actions by Groupings. Actually there's three 'action menu' toolbar icons. One which displays the Actions>User Defined menu. One which displays action grouped by their icons and one which does it by Grouping.

In the action manage give the actions you're using a lot a grouping. Then when you hit the b]Actions by Groupings[/b] button you'll have a single submenu something like the attached image.

SnowdogPostJune 7, 2023, 04:06
Pro

Okay, cool. That works. I still had to type in the pattern each time which prompted me to edit one of your actions from "after a colon" to "after a comma-space", which I could've done in the first place if I wasn't so slow on the uptake.

I still think a "repeat last action" function would be handy, though. 🙂

2MR2PostJune 7, 2023, 06:23
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

The problem is that you're basically using tiny snippets so this makes sense to you. Other actions completely rework a collection.

Repeat last action would require the ability to display what the action is. Further, how long would it have to be retained? Could you run an action then come back days later and simply run the last action?

Would the information get flushed when Yate quit? Would the information be flushed if the action was updated?

Lots of issues and the potential for disaster.

SnowdogPostJune 7, 2023, 06:36
Pro

I'm sure that's true.

To me it would be the same as a command-D action in illustrator which would repeat the last thing you did.

So if I copied something 5mm to the right. I would then hit command-D it it would copy whatever is selected 5mm to the right.

If I have the wrong thing selected, that's on me. I have to undo.

Yes, it flushes when the app is quit.

I don't need to display the last action. These are, as you say, snippets ("I need it now, for this, but probably won't need it again, ever") so I have it in my head right now, while I need it.

In this instance, I have a command to add roman numerals after a pattern, I type in the pattern (in this case, comma-space) then I select the next however many tracks & type command-D (for example) & it runs it again.

But yes, it seems simple to me but there is so much I don't know that it probably isn't simple from your end.

In any case, I was able to modify your previous action to cover this current situation. I can assign a key command to it & the job is done! All good! 🙂

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.017 seconds.