Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
PlayCounts get lost after exporting
ranzzitPostJune 18, 2023, 11:10
June 16, 2016, 16:32
Normal topicPlayCounts get lost after exporting

I replaced a file with a new version of the file and copied the metadata from the old version including playcount and rating. Then I deleted the old version and replaced it with the new version in Apple Music. While adding it back to apple library, I exported the playcount and rating.

Now, when any metadata is changed (or if it's played again) in the Apple music app for that track, the playcount gets reset to Empty (0). Rating stays on, but the playcount gets reset.

2MR2PostJune 18, 2023, 11:32
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicPlayCounts get lost after exporting

Hmm... I just tried it and it seems to be working. Here's what I did.

I set a Play Count in one of my tracks; enabled Auto-Export of Play Count; Saved the Track.

Apple Music displayed the correct play count. I then played the track in Apple Music and the play count was incremented as expected.

As long as the Play Count field contains a value and you're Auto-Exporting Play Count, it should set Apple Music's play count accordingly. Most likely after getting the play count is restored you'd want to turn off Play Count in Auto-Export. If the option is enabled and you've cleared the Play Count in Yate, it will reset Apple Music each time the file is saved.

Also, Yate will not automatically detect that a play count has been modified if it is loaded and linked when the track is played in Music.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.017 seconds.