Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Export specific tracklists from included music files
OkEPostMarch 30, 2024, 18:10
March 30, 2024, 13:29
Normal topicExport specific tracklists from included music files

Hi,

I've used YATE for several years, even though I barely use a fraction of it's power I love it, so thanks.

I wanted to ask for a little help regarding a feature I'm trying to use.

I have a monthly radio show for which I have to provide detailed tracklist (in google docs) with information of the music played; Artist, Song Name, Album Name, Year.

I know I can drag the tracks into YATE, get them in the correct order, then export them as a .csv database which can be easily loaded into google docs.

Can I set the exact format format of the database to match the format used in the google docs the radio station uses. I know I can 'Save as Databse' to only save displayed data, but the google docs an odd format, like an empty first column, a column of for dashes to separate artist and track name, obviously dont exist in the display section of YATE.

Thanks

2MR2PostMarch 30, 2024, 18:55
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

You can always do File>Create Database. With this variant you can add whatever columns you want by simply creating an export set to define the columns. However filling the columns with the extra non empty data is hard to do in the UI. If you send me the required column layout (and column headers) it will be easy to generate an action to produce the database from whatever files are loaded.

If its simply:

{empty} Artist - Title Album Year

let me know. Basically I need the column header names and what content gets stuffed into the extra columns.

The action will only be a few lines.

If you have a document describing the radio station CSV format you can send it to support@2manyrobots.com.

2MR2PostMarch 30, 2024, 22:03
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

I had a few minutes so I tried this. Download the following file and drag it to the main window's file list area:

https://2manyrobots.com/actions/OkE--Produce-DB-for-Google-Docs.zip

This will give you an action named: OkE: Produce DB for Google Docs

Load up and select the files and run the action. Let me know if I got it right.

OkEPostMarch 31, 2024, 10:17
March 30, 2024, 13:29

Thanks, that's a great help.

If you need it, here's the google docs template, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e3EZiDfxqijcBC_d4GjKdNh6yVumwjHBwrIWiXH8ErQ/edit#gid=0
you should be able to download it as a .csv from there. We can ignore the final column 'System' as that information isn't often in metadata & has to be added manually.

So the format you provide is correct. Unfortunately when importing the produced .csv into google docs I'm getting an empty row between each row. I get this when appending to the template or creating new spreadsheet.

So it looks like

when it should be

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.016 seconds.