Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Batch removing a range of characters from the end of the title tag?
bruceleeperryPostDecember 17, 2013, 23:30
December 18, 2013, 04:23
Normal topicBatch removing a range of characters from the end of the title tag?

I'm looking to perform something similar to ABetterFinderRename but for tags-I have around 5000 files with musical key information based on the Camelot system appended to the title tag ie Let It Be-6A. This is what I want BUT this info has been written by 2 or 3 different key detection programs and I want to wipe it all and re-detect/standardize them all using one program. Wiping the key tag itself and the key info appended to the actual file name is easy, it's just the pesky title tag I need to hopefully batch remove the last few characters from. Any ideas? I've been looking for a while but no luck so far. Yate looks like it might have that depth of functionality but I'm in at the deep end a bit here.

Thanks for any input

2MR2PostDecember 17, 2013, 23:52
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Batch removing a range of characters from the end of the title tag?

Hi, If the key always follows a dash (-) it's quite easy.

From an action use the Find and Remove function.
Find '-' from end in Title field, remove it and everything after

From the UI use the Multi Field Editor and select the Title field; in the Find and Remove box enter '-' in the text field and select Remove and After.

If my '-' assumption is incorrect, let me know and I'll try for something better 🙂

bruceleeperryPostDecember 18, 2013, 01:17
December 18, 2013, 04:23
Normal topicRe: Batch removing a range of characters from the end of the title tag?

Wow! Fantastic, thank you so much. I tested on a small folder and inadvertently zapped the key info from all files. I now understand the reason and it was fine but for some reason wasn't able to undo either by key command or menu. I need to do some more study on this.

Sure I'll have more questions and thank you again for this amazingly powerful tool

2MR2PostDecember 18, 2013, 07:35
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Changes to the tag information is undone in one of two way:
1) By reverting to the loaded file contents (File>Revert)
2) By rolling back a field's value to it's setting when the file was selected. (Field checkbox)

The help topic "The Current Selection, the Editing State, Red Light Green Light and What's With All Those Checkboxes?" pretty much sums it up 🙂

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.016 seconds.