Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
[Solved] Action to reload file list
DreamStaticPostDecember 31, 2013, 12:47
Beginner
October 26, 2013, 16:46
Normal topic[Solved] Action to reload file list

Is there any way to have Yate reload parent folder of files after a move action? I currently have an action that I use when I get a new album that moves it to my artist folder. I always like to open all that artist items to ensure I tag the new stuff consistently. And to see if I already have any of the same tracks. This is probably a "just me" type of need. Thought I would ask though since you have impressed me with your awesome implementations in the past. Thanks for the great software.

2MR2PostDecember 31, 2013, 13:40
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Action to reload file list

It's doable with one issue. It would completely stop action execution much as the 'Stop and Close' files statement does.

So if you want to execute an action and then load up a bunch of files in the UI, it would work. It would not allow you to load files and continue the action.... as that way lies madness.

Good enough?

DreamStaticPostDecember 31, 2013, 14:41
Beginner
October 26, 2013, 16:46
Normal topicRe: Action to reload file list

No that is actually completely perfect.

sophistochePostJanuary 2, 2018, 21:05
December 23, 2017, 04:11
Normal topicRe: [Solved] Action to reload file list

Is this something that ever happened? I'm finding I need it for the results of a Load and Run Action to show up in Yate's track list.

2MR2PostJanuary 2, 2018, 21:20
Administrator

Yep, the statement is called 'Stop Action and Open Files'. Place one or more paths in a variable or named variable separated by newline characters. The statement has an option to close all visible files first. If you only want the specified files to load you might want to issue a 'Set Open Mode' statement first.

sophistochePostJanuary 3, 2018, 02:16

Oh great, don't know how I missed it. That's the last ingredient for my "number work movements" action.

sophistochePostJanuary 3, 2018, 02:26

Is there any way to run an action at the end of a grouped execution? I tried placing after the "Next File" action, but it didn't work.

2MR2PostJanuary 3, 2018, 07:19
Administrator

If the first action is run grouped via a 'Force Grouped Execution' statement, the answer is no. You must have a stepwise state to return to.

Force Grouped Execution
...main action code

can be changed to:

{.... stepwise code}
Run inline action 'Main Code' grouped
.... stepwise code

Start Main Code
.....main grouped code

'Naturally exiting out of the grouped code will return you to a stepwise state. Alternately you can execute an Exit Grouped statement which will always return you to the first statement after the outermost grouped call.

Next File has different semantics. It pops the call stack until it finds the outermost grouped call and proceeds to the next file, (f any), in that grouped execution.

Hopefully this all makes sense. 🙂

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.037 seconds.