Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2
[Solved] Rename cannot be undone
PowderPostFebruary 2, 2014, 04:09
Pro
March 4, 2013, 18:53
Normal topic[Solved] Rename cannot be undone

I just renamed a release which did not have title tags, so I ended up with filenames like that: 01-Artist-.mp3. I wanted to undo it then, but it was not possible. When I click undo, Yate asks me if I really want to undo all changes but nothing happens then.

2MR2PostFebruary 2, 2014, 07:54
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: [Bug?] Rename cannot be undone

Rename is currently not tied into Yate's undo system.

The load filename is preserved as a property available from the rename template item Names>Open Filename. The load (or open) folder is also retained as well.

You could always have a very simple 'undo' rename template: <Original Filename>

A somewhat safer template would be:
<Original Filename><IfDup> (<Dup#>)<EndIf><Folder Start><Original Folder>

BTW the templates, especially the complicated ones, are far easier to use in the upcoming v2.6 where they may be formatted.

PowderPostFebruary 8, 2014, 12:25
Pro
March 4, 2013, 18:53

It’s not very logical to me, that renaming cannot be undone via cmd+z. I would assume, that every action (regardless of tags or files) can be undone. But thanks for the workaround!

Great to hear that the templates will be easier to use in 2.6. Will old templates be automatically converted to the new template system?

2MR2PostFebruary 8, 2014, 12:50
Administrator

Cmd-Z implies a linear stack of operations which must all be undone in order to work your way back to a particular point. Yate currently implements out-of-bounds undoing on a per field basis. Some people love it ...... some don't. There are drawbacks to both methods.

All old templates will automatically be converted to the new format.

klemiPostFebruary 11, 2014, 15:34
February 11, 2014, 19:44

I have also some question to the function "rename files":

I have found some easy menu item like this screenshot from the tag App "metadatics" to eliminate illegal NTFS characters in the file-name. My experience is that this is also a good idea by playing Music from MacOSX.

I need support to do this fuction by handling tagging files with "Yate".
Can someone give me any practicable examples?

Thank you

Klemi

2MR2PostFebruary 11, 2014, 15:52
Administrator

You can easily set rename operations to remove these characters or substitute a different sequence for them when renaming.

Look at the Replacements section in Preferences. The initial install has two sets. One named Default and one Windows. The Default set does nothing as replacements for ':' and '/' are handled separately as they are invalid on Macs. (See Invalid Character Substitution in General Preferences). The Windows set is what you want. Right click on the Windows set and make it the default set.

The set currently replaces each of the special characters with a 'dash' but if you want to have them removed, simply edit the values. You might also want to add '|' as I evidently missed it.

In all of the rename templates that you create check 'Do Replacements' and the characters will be modified or removed.

klemiPostFebruary 11, 2014, 16:41

Thank you very much. I will more time invest to learn more obaout the powerful performace of YATE.

klemiPostFebruary 16, 2014, 14:54

I have in Replacements set Windows as default.

But in one dsf-file the character "?" dont's substitute with the new replacement with the action "Rename file".

What is my mistake?

2MR2PostFebruary 16, 2014, 15:04
Administrator

In the Rename template that you're using, do you have 'Do Replacements' checked?

The screen shot shows that you actually have a default replacements set but you have to indicate that you want to do replacements in the template.

The action function Rename Files simply specifies which template you want to use. The template actually has to specify that it is doing replacements.

klemiPostFebruary 16, 2014, 15:05

Thank you very much.

This is what I have forgot to check.

Pages: 1 2
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.041 seconds.