Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
discogs catelog number when searching?
saitohPostFebruary 4, 2014, 21:03
February 5, 2014, 01:55
Normal topicdiscogs catelog number when searching?

Greetings. I'm working through a collection where we have the following folder structure:

Artist - Album (original year, remaster year) [release catalog id, misc data]

So we know which release it is, but when we search using the discogs wizard, we can't see that record company catalog id and instead go browsing through each to find which ever one matches. Is there a way to have that catalog id displayed as a result field? It's particularly difficult with popular records such as Abbey Road or Led Zeppelin 4 which have had tons of re-issues and various bonus tracks, etc.

Similarly, is it possible to search by discogs id?

Still digging through the program, but with the ability to query against discogs, we like what we see. Any information is appreciated, thank you.

edit: oh, and how do we restrict yate from fetching artwork from discogs? Saw the API change thread but I'm not sure where to turn that off.

2MR2PostFebruary 4, 2014, 21:22
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: discogs catelog number when searching?

It should be possible to add a catalog # column as the data seems to be returned with the initial search. v2.6 is close to release. I'll add it to my list for post 2.6.

You can't currently search by Discogs ID from the search panel of the discogs wizard. However if you open tracks that have the Discogs Release IDs stored in the tracks, the appropriate release will open.

saitohPostFebruary 4, 2014, 22:24
February 5, 2014, 01:55

Ok, thanks for the work around on the discogs id.

Added the additional question after you posted; how do we restrict yate from fetching artwork? I'm quite ok with just outright disabling it but I don't know how and can't find it in the preferences. Thank you.

2MR2PostFebruary 4, 2014, 22:36
Administrator

Currently you can only stop the importing of the artwork, not the loading. The idea was that you could always view the artwork.

The fetching is currently failing so there is virtually no impact. I will be making changes...once I figure out a viable approach.

I've adjusted the API change post.

2MR2PostFebruary 7, 2014, 06:53
Administrator

Catalog Number column implemented in upcoming v2.6 🙂

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.021 seconds.