Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Play audio file
timpPostMarch 24, 2014, 02:00
Advanced
March 16, 2014, 13:32
Normal topicPlay audio file

Heya Yate,

Has anyone suggested adding a simple audio player to the program?

Sometimes I'm not sure if the file I'm tagging is the correct file, so I'd like to press play and listen to it for a few seconds to confirm. This would be a really helpful feature - especially if I could add the typical audio buttons to the toolbar (like << || >> > O). Know what I mean?

Thanks!

timpPostMarch 24, 2014, 02:03
Advanced
Normal topicRe: Play audio file

Oh, and a progress bar in the toolbar would be useful as well. Something that would let me fast-forward/rewind through the track manually by dragging.

2MR2PostMarch 24, 2014, 07:10
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

A player and the associated handling of non Mac supported audio types is a little out of the scope of the application at this point.

You can however select a single file and use the Preview toolbar item or simply hit the spacebar. Non Mac supported audio types such as FLAC can be redirected to a different player.

timpPostMarch 24, 2014, 22:18
Advanced

Holy Jebus, I wish I'd waited until I got your response! The space bar is everything I needed - no point in adding a player to Yate when the space bar does the trick perfectly. I sure could have used that last night when I was editing 1400 files and was opening the 150 or so questionable files through the Finder into VLC. Sigh...live and learn. HA! 🙂

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.017 seconds.