Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
ALAC - Apple Lossless Support?
kuriousOranjPostJuly 24, 2014, 10:45
July 24, 2014, 14:23
Normal topicALAC - Apple Lossless Support?

No mention of ALAC support. I'm hoping that since ALAC's tag structure is likely identical to M4A that it is supported in Yate...

Yate! WHY?
I convert all my FLAC files to ALAC using X Lossless Decoder on OS X. XLD is great for converting the container, but it's built in tagging interface is cringe-worthy. Yate seems like the perfect companion.

ALAC, WHY?!?
ALAC is supported by iTunes and FLAC is not. iTunes will pass an HD stream to Core Audio. It's a nice way to get musically uncompressed 24/48, 24/88.1, 24/96, even 24/192 to Core Audio. Run iTunes on a Mac Mini as the hub of a home theater, passing the Core Audio stream to the HDMI digital out.

WHY NOT MONKEY OR FOOBAR? WHY APPLE?!?
Since I don't necessarily want to lug lossless HD audio files when I'm out and about, I have iTunes re-compress tracks on the fly when it syncs to my iPhone. So I get the best of all worlds; Audiophile quality sound at home with the convenience and portability of the Apple ecosystem. Win!

2MR2PostJuly 24, 2014, 10:56
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: ALAC - Apple Lossless Support?

As long as your stream is in a track with an m4a extension it is supported. The file structure of an m4a container is almost the same regardless of the stream type being AAC or ALAC. 🙂

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.018 seconds.