Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2
v3.0 Preview
2MR1PostAugust 20, 2014, 12:01
Administrator
June 2, 2012, 01:19
Closed topicv3.0 Preview

We'd like to invite our registered users to take a sneak preview of v3.0 and pass on feedback if you'd like. If you'd like a peak simply email us at support@2manyrobots.com and put 'v3 preview' in the subject.

One gotcha! Yate auto migrates its preferences and exported preference files but only one way.... to newer releases. As there are new action functions in v3.0 the preference file level has been bumped and will not load in versions prior to v3.0. If you want to play with the preview it might be a good idea to export your preferences first. You do this via Yate>Export Preferences.

Some users and potential users have expressed concerns about additional charges. If you purchase any version of Yate all future updates are free.

2MR2PostSeptember 1, 2014, 10:27
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Closed topicRe: v3.0 Preview

v3.0 Preview 2 is now available. If you have already requested to be on the preview list you should receive an email with the new download information.

If you received your preview links in response to a bug fix or feature request and never directly requested to be on the preview list, it is possible you will not automatically receive the new download information. If this is the case please send an email to support@2manyrobots.com with 'v3 preview' in the subject.

angangPostSeptember 4, 2014, 13:01
Beginner
August 23, 2013, 03:38

Hi, i have tested the preview and i have to say that custom panels are very well thought ! Thanks for this fantastic update.

I have suggestions about Artwork Display and Artwork Metadata and the file list :

1. Artwork Display in custom panel is not working like the dedicated Artwork panel. It should be great to see the whole pictures when they are available and have the ability to add, remove pitures just like in the Artwork panel.
I saw that it is possible to go to the Artwork panel just by double clicking on the picture available in the custom panel. So it should be great and perhaps sufficient
to add a double click in the Artwork panel which brings us on a (preselected) panel.

2. Artwork Metadata Mime type is too short to be contained in 1/2 column and showing the full wheight information that is truncated :
Is it possible to have (the size) + the wheight in KB followed by the image type ?
example "(600 x 600) 100KB image/jpeg" instead "image/jpeg (600 x 600) 100KB" or is it possible to hide the term "image/" ?

3. Artwork Metadata information is not displayed when i drag and drop an artwork into a selected file list until I deselect then reselect the file list.

4. Is it possible to have an option to select automaticaly the files when the are dragged into the list so we don't have to select them ?

Thank you so much for your work !

2MR2PostSeptember 4, 2014, 14:16
Administrator

Hi,

1. When I first started working on v3 I implemented Artwork Display and Artwork Metadata. After using them for a while I realized that I preferred a fully functional artwork control so I implemented 'Artwork Full'. If you remove 'Artwork Display' and 'Artwork Metadata' then add 'Artwork Full' you should have what you want. Artwork Full is identical to the built-in artwork panel. I use it on my custom panel. Actually I also use 'Artwork Display. I have two dev machines. A Mac Pro with a 30" display and a MacBook Air with an 11" display. On the MacPro I use 'Artwork Full'. On the 11" display I use 'Artwork Display' due to it's reduced 'rows' requirements.

2. Yah, Artwork Metadata really needs a full width control. image/jpeg is the Mime Type and splitting off a part would be somewhat selective. I can't even display a tooltip as they are not supported on the the control type I'm using. If people are actually using this control (even with Artwork Full being available) I'll look into changing the control to be a table with three lines. That way I could display tooltips.

3. Definitely a bug

4. Anything is possible. However this would be really terrible when in Playlist mode. There's so much code revolving around the file displays that I'm loath to change it at this point in the release cycle. I'll look into it once v3.0 is out.

Thanks for the feedback. It's always appreciated!

2MR2PostSeptember 4, 2014, 14:31
Administrator

#3 is fixed. The update will be in the next preview.

Also, someone just pointed out that it may not be entirely obvious that all the main window panels can have their size changed by dragging the vertical separator lines. That's probably why I never noticed the cropping when Artwork Metadata is a half size control. I tend to expand my editing panel.

angangPostSeptember 5, 2014, 21:57
Beginner
August 23, 2013, 03:38

Hi,

1. Ok it works like a charm with "Artwork Full" !
2. Ok thanks
3. Great 🙂
4. No prob, even if it can saves two operations "click + Command A" or "manual selection" it is a minor detail

Again thank you so much for your support

2MR2PostSeptember 6, 2014, 15:25
Administrator

#4 implemented as a new Preferences-File List option. Only works when the Open Mode is 'Album-Replace' where it is always safe 🙂

It will be in Preview 3 out in a day or two.

Thanks for posting the feedback in the forum where it can be viewed by others. For some reason all other 'previewers' are sending feedback via email.

2MR2PostSeptember 7, 2014, 12:25
Administrator

v3.0 Preview 3 is now available. If you have already requested to be on the preview list you should receive an email with the new download information.

This should be the last preview before general release. 🙂

PowderPostSeptember 8, 2014, 16:19
Pro
March 4, 2013, 18:53

The custom panels are a dream come true!! 😀

2MR2PostSeptember 8, 2014, 16:42
Administrator

Glad you like it. I pretty much only use custom panels now 🙂

Pages: 1 2
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.027 seconds.