Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2
Support for Audirvana Extended Attributes
mikesPostNovember 7, 2014, 10:37
November 7, 2014, 15:19
Normal topicSupport for Audirvana Extended Attributes

Love Yate, also love Audirvana. Wondering if a mapping to their "Extended" attributes can be made?

I'd be more then happy to provide an example file with attributes assigned for dev purposes. I've already asked the question on their forum as well.

2MR2PostNovember 7, 2014, 11:17
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Support for Audirvana Extended Attributes

Send me a file with whatever information you can. Links to their information would help. I'll take a look after v3.2 gets out the door.

mikesPostDecember 29, 2014, 15:23

Where should I send the file?

2MR2PostDecember 29, 2014, 15:24
Administrator

support@2manyrobots.com

mikesPostDecember 30, 2014, 01:16

I"ve sent the email and attached a file tagged by Audirvana. As an aside, those fields show up in JRiver Media Center Mac with the values tagged in Audirvana as well. So this would mean support for JMC as well.

Please let me know if there's anything more I can provide or test.

Thank you.

2MR2PostDecember 30, 2014, 08:09
Administrator

Thanks for the file. The fields are there and available. 🙂

They are stored in exactly the same manner that Yate stores User Defined Text Information (UDTI) fields in m4a files. One would assume that the custom tags are stored with the same approach in mp3, flac, etc. files honouring each formats peculiarities.

They are available now on the UD Text editing panel. You can create them, edit them, get at them from actions, etc. You can map three of them as custom columns in the main file window via Preferences-File List-Mapping and Custom Field Names. The only thing you cannot do, for now, is map them onto custom editing panels.

There a few options on how to handle this. I can support the direct mapping of UDTIs onto custom panels or I can allow you to override the default UDTI mappings assigned to the five Custom fields. Custom fields are really just a convenience to make it easier to access UDTIs in actions and display them on Custom editing panels.

From what I can tell by searching on Google, there are six of these classical custom fields which are used. I can easily bump the number of custom fields. Regardless, it appears to me that the way to proceed is to extend Yate's customization a little further (sigh). Hard mapping your six commonly used custom fields would more than likely cause issues 'hard coding' other apps usage of various fields.

Does this make sense?

mikesPostDecember 30, 2014, 13:10

I've discovered the inclusion of the 5 custom fields and how to display existing values for a file

I've been able to add previously non-existent values by selecting the files, then right-clicking in the UD Text panel, selecting "New User Defined Text Item" and adding the name and value. My initial test with Orchestra and Conductor work and show up in the proper place in Audirvana.

I can deal with the current list of 5 for display just fine. No need to break others work.

My next attempt will be to figure out how to create an action that will essentially prompt for, for example, conductor, soloist, instrument, and ensemble (and populate them from artist/album artist parsing where possible). I'll let you know what I find and if you have any pointers, please let me know!

As I mature some of these actions I'll package them together and create a posting to share the actions in an "Audirvana Classical" folder setup, though many of the clean up and standardization actions I have thus far would be useful for anyone in iTunes as well (e.g. I have actions to abbreviate common terms, compact, and normalize titles to be more visible in iTunes)

2MR2PostDecember 30, 2014, 15:25
Administrator

Here's a temp[late for the 'prompt' action.

Prompt for Text "Enter a value for Conductor" save text to Variable 1
Import value of User Defined Text Item Conductor (Create) from Variable1

As the action is run stepwise it will set the Conductor in all selected files. If you always load albums at a time you should probably select 'All Files' in the Action Manager as it will eliminate the selection step.

The above action can be modified for any of the other fields by changing the prompt and by changing the name of the UDTI field in the User Defined Fields statement (the 2nd). I did not specify 'case insensitive' as I'm not sure if Audirvania treats the names as case sensitive or not.

A more generalized action which loops (for a while) and lets you enter values for any of the 'six' extended fields can be found at:

http://2manyRobots.com/actions/PromptForExtendedClassicalFIeld.zip

Unzip and import the plist by dragging it to Yate's main file list. You will now have an action named 'Prompt for Extended Classical Field'.

Through each loop iteration enter #-value or Cancel.

If you have actions you'd like to share send them to me with a brief description and I'll post them.

NicoPostMay 3, 2015, 09:37
May 3, 2015, 13:20

Quote from 2MR2 on December 30, 2014, 08:09
They are available now on the UD Text editing panel. You can create them, edit them, get at them from actions, etc. You can map three of them as custom columns in the main file window via Preferences-File List-Mapping and Custom Field Names. The only thing you cannot do, for now, is map them onto custom editing panels.

Thanks for this information (I am also a Audirvana guy).
Now I am hard looking for a way to use these UD Text Tags in the MultiFieldEditor. I would like to copy the content of GROUPING to SOLOISTS (more than 10000 tracks).

Thanks for any hints,
Best, Nico

2MR2PostMay 3, 2015, 10:48
Administrator

10000 tracks open at once. May be time for batch processing. 🙂

BTW: UDTIs can now be mapped to Custom Edit panels.

If you want to do it in the Multi Field Editor you'll have to map Soloists to a Custom field. If you go to Preferences-File List-Configure Column Mappings and Custom Fields-Custom Field mappings, you'll see "Choose commonly used mapping". You can pick Soloist from the list. Once mapped, you can access the custom field you chose from anywhere.

The only method without a custom field mapping is to use an action:

Copy the Grouping field to Variable 1
Import value of User Defined Text Item with name 'Soloists' from Variable 1

Note that I've used the common display name as I don't know what audio file type you're using. The correct UDTI names are:
ID3 --> soloists
m4a --> soloists
FLAC --> SOLOISTS

If you are not going the 'custom field' route I suggest you create a FLAC mapping of 'soloists' to User Defined Text Info, which will allow you to use 'soloists' without knowing that the FLAC file contains 'SOLOISTS'. (It will still be written as SOLOISTS to FLAC files)

There are now 10 custom fields available so you can use the custom field method described above to define Audirvana's Ensemble, Instrument, Period, Soloist and Style fields. This more than likely gives you the best going forward options. I don't know if you are using m4a files but if you are there is a slight issue. About 50% of the applications out there use Conductor as the m4a UDTI name while the other 50% use CONDUCTOR. These names are case sensitive. Audirvana uses Conductor while Yate defaults to CONDUCTOR. You can change this in Preferences-Audio-m4a-Map conductor to.

Hopefully this gets you where you want to be. 🙂

Pages: 1 2
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.025 seconds.