Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Folder & Filenames into tags ?
nudgePostNovember 7, 2014, 14:43
November 7, 2014, 19:23
Normal topicFolder & Filenames into tags ?

Hello,

Over the last 15 years I've spent a lot of time creating a music database from my vinyl collection. I didn't get to thinking about tags till way too late ! I'm hoping to automate that now but am having trouble finding the right solution. I have artist names as folders without spaces but the first letters in capitals. Filenames = Tracks (most of which are non-album) are the same format with no spaces but first letters capitalised. All the software I've tried is too CD/Album orientated and doesn't help me much, I get hardly any matches from sound scanning and when I do they're usually the wrong release. I guess that's a general problem with vinyl singles.

First off, I'd just like to automate adding artist tags based on folder names, with the spaces added before capital letters, plus track names from filenames, also with the spaces added. Can Yate do this and is so how ?

Many thanks in anticipation !

2MR2PostNovember 7, 2014, 14:50
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Folder & Filenames into tags ?

So folder names are things like:

RollingStones

and filenames are things like:

JumpingJackFlash

Is this correct? If the above is true, it can be done. It'll be slow to execute but once the metadata is imported you will probably never have to do it again.

Let me know if my examples match what you have. If they do I'll put together an action for you.

nudgePostNovember 7, 2014, 14:52

Yeah that's how it's all organised. Thanks a ton for the quick response !

2MR2PostNovember 7, 2014, 16:40
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

I've sent you an action (to your forum address). As I've built the action in the upcoming v3.2 I sent you a link to a pre release build.

nudgePostNovember 8, 2014, 06:10

Thanks to Yate and your custom built action I've been able to add Artist and Title tags easily to all my sound files in no time at all. Very impressed with the software and your reactivity and helpfulness.

Many thanks !!!

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.009 seconds.