Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Script/Action for removing track number in filename?
downbeat8PostDecember 7, 2014, 02:57
Beginner
October 5, 2014, 04:55
Normal topicScript/Action for removing track number in filename?

I'm using itunes on a mac. Is there a script/acton to delete the track number from the filename? thanks!

2MR2PostDecember 7, 2014, 08:41
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Script/Action for removing track number in filename?

Yate can do anything to a filename 🙂

Typically people go the other way which is to rename the file based on metadata. However if you want to simply remove a track number from a filename, without looking at the metadata, that's quite easy as well.

Regardless of the way you go it is important to link the tracks to iTunes before you do the rename. Either manually via 'Link to iTunes' or by dragging the tracks from iTunes to Yate. That way the locations in iTunes will be updated at the same time.

If you send me a description of the formatting of your filenames, I'll give you a small action to do the job.

I have to know if the filenames are:

# title or #-title or whatever.

downbeat8PostDecember 12, 2014, 13:16
Beginner

Right. Ha. That makes sense. Usually it would be the other way around.

In my case, I'm often importing the files into Ableton for remix mash up sonic experimental psychedelic blissful explorations 🙂 The title field are small and the extra characters at the front of the filename with the track number are taking up precious screen real estate. I realize there's probably a quick applescript I could find to execute on the finder level. BUT I'm loving Yate and getting so OCD with my jazz albums it's ridiculous...and fun!

Usually the filenames look like this: "14-The Jazz Crusaders-Agua Dulce"

thanks!

2MR2PostDecember 12, 2014, 14:00
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

There's dozens of different ways to do the action. Here's a link to a sample which looks for a '-' in the filename. If found, Yate removes it and everything before. Any resulting leading spaces are removed and then the file is renamed to the result (testing for duplicates).

http://2manyrobots.com/actions/StripEverythingFilenameBefore-.zip

Unzip the file and drag the plist file to Yate's main file list area. You'll have imported an action named 'Strip Everything in Filename before -' and a referenced rename template.

Have fun 🙂

downbeat8PostDecember 15, 2014, 00:33
Beginner

awesome. thanks!

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.016 seconds.