Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Modify playlists?
LappenPostJanuary 8, 2015, 07:14
Beginner
November 8, 2014, 11:13
Normal topicModify playlists?

Hi,

I use Yate to organize my music collection. Tagging, renaming and creating symlinks so I can access my music in different ways.
I also use a webserver to access my collection, and I would like to create playlists from Yate so that I can use these in my webserver as well.
But from my webserver the location of files is /media/... and on my Nas the files are stored as /mnt/user/Music/
When I create playlists with Yate the location of the files within the playlist is the latter. I need to make a playlist with another file location that fits the location as the websever requires.
Can this be done? I would be nice if you could make playlist a little like when you create symlinks/-folders.

Tia/Lappen

2MR2PostJanuary 8, 2015, 11:16
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Modify playlists?

Playlists are problematic because they can go anywhere. There are really two issues. One is where the playlist goes and the other is can you essentially 'relocate' the contents of the playlist. The current 'Create m3u' function is pretty dumb ... it has no options. I'll see if I can beef it up for the next release. I can't use the same mechanism employed by the Move/Copy/Symlink functions as those functions always process the tracks one at a time. That means that the relative manipulation of the paths are always consistent. However, in the case of playlists, the tracks can be from all over the place. Typically you only want to replace the 'root' of the paths. I'll come up with something 🙂

For now, I've created an action called Relocate Playlist which can be found at:

http://2manyrobots.com/actions/RelocatePlaylist.zip

The action takes the following parameters:

Variable 1 contains the full path to the existing playlist
Variable 2 contains the full path to the new playlist. (May be the same as Variable 1)
Variable 3 contains the prefix of the path to change:
eg. /Users/JohnDoe/Music/
Variable 4 contains the replacement text for Variable3
eg. /NasDrive/Tracks/

Note that to prevent false matches, both Variable 3 and 4 should end with a / character.

LappenPostJanuary 9, 2015, 04:39
Beginner
November 8, 2014, 11:13
Normal topicRe: Modify playlists?

Hi,

Thank you for quick reply. Have already tried your action, and it is working beautifully. Looking forward to see how you can beef up playlist handling in upcoming releases - so far, no rush 😉

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.017 seconds.