Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Discogs/Batch Processing Question
PhukkinPostJanuary 18, 2015, 00:28
March 28, 2014, 05:21
Normal topicDiscogs/Batch Processing Question

Hey 2MR, I just have a question regarding deriving certain fields form either Discogs or MusicBrainz. The problem I am having is when I open a large set of folders/albums, there is say 5-10% with the genre metadata missing. I want to use Discogs or MusicBrainz to derive and import that data for ONLY the fields missing the genre. I tried to create an action using Exists Test for the genre field if true check discogs etc.

However this hasn't seemed to work very well and is changing some of the preexisting genre fields. This wouldn't be an issue if I was able to filter via genre column within Yate and select only the files missing genre and open only those files in Batch Processor, but I can't figure out if that is possible/can be done. It is too difficult to remember each album that has it missing and open them individually in the Batch Processor. This would save the time it seems to take processing all of the folders that do not require modification during batch processing as well.

Are you able to offer me any advice on how to do this/alternative method? It would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Thanks in advance.
Rhys

2MR2PostJanuary 18, 2015, 04:16
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Discogs/Batch Processing Question

I think I have this covered 🙂

In both wizards the import item checkboxes are tri-states. When Genre is unchecked, you're not interested in it. When Genre is checked you always want to import it. When Genre is '-', you only want to import it if the field is empty.

Set your import mask as above and you should be okay to run the batch over all your files only importing genre when it is not already set.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.