Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Test for missing artist and Hide others.
ChuckClasikPostJanuary 22, 2015, 17:39
Beginner
January 22, 2015, 22:06
Normal topicTest for missing artist and Hide others.

I'm totally new to Yate, but let me tell you, i've been missing out. Thanks for this tool!!

I'm wondering if there is a way to script this..

If the artist tag is missing, hide all other files so that I can work only on the artist missing files?

This could be helpful in other situations as well, say, You have a title name followed with (Acapella), I only want to see those files that have (Acapella). I'm sure you get what I'm saying.

I'm trying to understand the actions, and any help is greatly appreciated..

Thanks,

Chuck

2MR2PostJanuary 22, 2015, 17:50
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Test for missing artist and Hide others.

Well the upcoming v3.4 which was originally going to be v3.3.1 allows you to hide files which have fields which are empty or non empty. For example hide all files which have content in the Artist field (ie. are not empty).

There is however no method to hide or show on a pattern of data in a field.

The above is only true for visually changing the file display.

If you want to write actions there are lots of ways to have the action test for specific conditions and then operate only on certain files...but it will not be visual.

I'll look into adding visual data filters as well as empty/not empty filters. The next release is not out yet 🙂

ChuckClasikPostJanuary 22, 2015, 17:56
Beginner
January 22, 2015, 22:06
Normal topicRe: Test for missing artist and Hide others.

Thanks!!! It would really be helpful visually. I just found the hide functions in the program. I'll use that until then. It would certainly be nice to have that filter method. If I only want to work on files that have (Instrumental), as it is now, it looks like I have to search for those files. If there is a way to search and Select them, that would be cool too, and maybe there is, but I haven't figured it out yet..

Thanks again for the super fast response, and the work you've put in on this program.

Chuck

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.