Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
DISCOGS_MASTER_ID
downbeat8PostFebruary 7, 2015, 00:48
Beginner
October 5, 2014, 04:55
Normal topicDISCOGS_MASTER_ID

Hi!
I made a Custom Field for DISCOGS_MASTER_ID but I don't know how to get it synced with the DISCOGS_MASTER_ID column. how can I have a UserDefined field showing the DISCOGS_MASTER_ID?
Many Thanks,
A

2MR2PostFebruary 7, 2015, 03:34
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: DISCOGS_MASTER_ID

Hi, this unfortunately cannot work. Custom fields are not mappings but are separate data points.

You've created a mapping which will allow you to display the master id as a column in the main list of files. This column will be synchronized. However these items cannot be placed onto Custom panels.

The Custom assignment is simply assigning a name to some data stored in a canned location. This will only work if the data is managed entirely by yourself or another application. Yate directly accesses the Discogs master id at various points and expects it to be stored as a User Defined Text item.

The upcoming v3.4 allows you to map the custom fields for data transparency between applications but as it stands it still won't do what you're expecting because the DIscogs code expects a UDTI and not a custom field. Hmmm.... I have to think about this

2MR2PostFebruary 7, 2015, 15:41
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: DISCOGS_MASTER_ID

Update: This works as expected in v3.4 🙂

In v3.4 you can assign the low level mappings for FLAC, m4a and ID3 for all 10 custom fields (yes 10).

When an item such as DISCOGS_MASTER_ID is allocated to a Custom field it will be synchronized.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.