Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Artwork Description Action
cpkPostFebruary 28, 2015, 22:22
Advanced
March 1, 2015, 02:55
Normal topicArtwork Description Action

Currently, the only action that can set the Description for artwork is the "Import Artwork" action. I find that the description fields are sometimes empty and really inconsistent in what they say. I would like an action that would help me clean that metadata up. To be ideal, there would also be a test action for it as well. For example, if I could use something like a "Artwork Description Test" that looks at the description assigned to drop-down menu of all the artwork possibilities and test the field for empty and/or only whitespace characters and then if it tests true I can use an action something like "Set Artwork Description" and assign text to the description the artwork selected from a drop-down menu of possible artwork.

The drop-down menu I'm referring too already exists in other actions such "Import Artwork" and is called "Picture Type".

Anyway, this would really be a useful set of actions for me. I can imagine that other people also have found the artwork description field to often contain text that isn't desired or even should be somewhere else (I've seen copyright info for the artwork used as the description for example).

2MR2PostFebruary 28, 2015, 22:33
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Artwork Description Action

I can easily add the ability to read and write the description field. However, the description and picture type fields are really different things. I personally tend to retain URLs in the description field and I know that others do as well. I'll come up with something that lets you better access and modify the individual components of an artwork item, both description and picture type.

cpkPostFebruary 28, 2015, 22:35
Advanced
March 1, 2015, 02:55
Normal topicRe: Artwork Description Action

That would be awesome! Thanks!

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.