Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Editing Custom Panels Autoresizing
cpkPostMarch 1, 2015, 06:44
Advanced
March 1, 2015, 02:55
Normal topicEditing Custom Panels Autoresizing

Currently, as far as I can tell only the bottom-most field in a custom panel will resize when the window is resized and there is no way to override this behavior. Let's say I want to design a custom panel similar to the "Credits" panel, there is no way that I can figure to be able to make both the "involved People" and Musician Credits" auto resize as the window is resized as the existing Credits panel does.

What I would like is the ability to have enough control over fields that should resize so that I can build a custom panel equivalent to the Credits panel (with a few more fields above Involved People).

2MR2PostMarch 1, 2015, 07:04
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Editing Custom Panels Autoresizing

Yes. This is not perfect. The issue was getting the Custom Panels to work on every version of the OS from Snow Leopard on. I'll revisit the 'as designed' limitation at some point.

cpkPostMarch 1, 2015, 20:51
Advanced
March 1, 2015, 02:55
Normal topicRe: Editing Custom Panels Autoresizing

Ah I see an issue caused by the ever changing OS X APIs. I do appreciate that you are maintaining compatibility with the older version of OS X. I've three macs that are each too old to run the versions of OS X that came out not long after buying each of them without several slowness. Even my year old iMac is going to stay on Mavericks and never going to 'upgrade' as long as Apple can't make a newer version of the OS that isn't more resource hungry and slower than the previous version. Plus Yosemite is doing really poorly in terms of user satisfaction - way too many issues.

Anyway, I hope that when you do revisit it a satisfactory solution is found. In the mean time I will just move the involved people to the bottom and size the musician's credits to roughly the size it would typically be when I have the app window and the size I normally am using it at.

Thank you for considering the idea.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.024 seconds.