Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
More Custom Panel Oddities (missing Content Advisory field)
cpkPostMarch 3, 2015, 23:38
Advanced
March 1, 2015, 02:55
Normal topicMore Custom Panel Oddities (missing Content Advisory field)

Well, I guess the more I play around with this more I stumble on things that don't make sense to me. 🙁 I was rearranging one of my custom panels and saved it to view it to see how small the comments box would appear and instead I find one field is missing and there is a bunch of empty space like a field should have been there.

In this current case there are two things that I don't understand why it is happening. Screenshot attached.

1) First is the missing field. I have Content Advisory on my custom panel - it has been saved already - but the field doesn't actually show up on the custom panel. Going back into the custom panel editor and the field is there where I put it. I didn't really need this field but because the Audio Properties requires six rows I had an extra space and stuck Content Advisory there for the heck of it until I decide what I would rather have there.

2) Second, I put an Audio Properties on the custom panel in the editor right up against the comments field with no fields between them and saved it and then the custom panel makes it appear as though I have an unassigned block one row by one column in between the comments and Audio Properties. I can't see any obvious reason why there should be this unused space.

2MR2PostMarch 3, 2015, 23:52
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: More Custom Panel Oddities (missing Content Advisory field)

Finally, an easy one to explain 🙂

1) Content Advisory will only appear if you have no loaded files or at least one m4a file loaded. That's the way it is on all panels for fields which are specific to a particular audio type.

2) This is a bug. The Audio Properties component on a Custom Panel is anchored at the bottom of the component as opposed to the top. If you place another component under it you will see the window display gets pretty messed up when resized vertically to be larger. Next patch. Good catch!

cpkPostMarch 4, 2015, 00:06
Advanced

1) oh! Well then I guess I'll delete this field and find something else to put there for the moment because the emptiness will bug me.

2) Ah! I see! A field right in the midst of the audio properties. I had not tried resizing the window or putting anything under it yet so that was surprising to see. 😀

Glad none of these are that troublesome. 🙂

2MR2PostMarch 4, 2015, 00:09
Administrator

2) is now fixed. I forgot to explicitly set the bottom anchor to OFF. That's the problem with undocumented defaults.

cpkPostMarch 4, 2015, 04:28
Advanced

Cool! That was a fast one. 🙂

2MR2PostMarch 4, 2015, 22:23
Administrator

I've enabled the cropping of Custom fields on custom panels when they occupy a single row.

I've also added three new controls: Thumbnail (1), Thumbnail (2) and Thumbnail (3). They are the same as Artwork Display with the exception that they cannot resize vertically but can be cropped. The (#) is the number of rows that they occupy.

cpkPostMarch 4, 2015, 22:48
Advanced

That is really awesome!!! This is going to make my custom panel partially look a lot better! I can't wait for the update to show up ;D

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.02 seconds.