Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Not able to edit the Artwork description field most of the time.
cpkPostMarch 5, 2015, 07:08
Advanced
March 1, 2015, 02:55
Normal topicNot able to edit the Artwork description field most of the time.

Well I had not notice this before but it seems that when I type something in the Description field in the Artwork Panel it lets me type in whatever I want but I see that it isn't saving it. When I leave the panel and come back to it the field appears empty. Playing around with it I can type in something and then select from the Picture Type drop down and the text in the Description field disappears. If it already says something in that field then whatever was there comes back again. It is like the field is write protected in some unusual way since it does allow me to go through the motions of editing it. Strange. I could have swore that I had been able to edit that field but looking back through my small batch of files I'm using for sacrificial testing I can't say for sure if they were or were not edited.

I think I'll just ignore this right now but 2MR2, you had said that you use this field for URLs so is it working fine for you?

2MR2PostMarch 5, 2015, 08:28
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Not able to edit the Artwork description field most of the time.

This seems to be a v3.4 regression. Setting of the field programmatically via various import options is working well but the manual editing seems to be broken. I'll look into this later tonight.

cpkPostMarch 5, 2015, 08:43
Advanced
Normal topicRe: Not able to edit the Artwork description field most of the time.

Oh. I'm glad its not just me - I was afraid something I did messed it up since I went and erased a bunch of artwork so the only artwork I wanted to remain would be the cover. It seemed to me my action worked fine at the time but that was yesterday or the day before and now I notice I can't edit that description. :\

2MR2PostMarch 5, 2015, 15:06
Administrator

I've just released 3.4.0.2 which fixes the artwork description field problem. An entire release for a one character change 🙁

Other discussed changes will be in 3.4.1 which I'll try and get out by the end of next week.

cpkPostMarch 5, 2015, 18:01
Advanced

Well I could have waited until the end of the week at least. 🙂

Funny that nobody else reported that there was a problem with that field - maybe all the long-time users have already populated that field and don't have any reason to edit it to see that there even was a problem. I doubt I'll ever edit it for a file after I've set it once - but that is true for almost all of the fields for a file. So maybe people don't use this field a lot and you could have waited until you are ready with more changes than just one character? 😕

2MR2PostMarch 5, 2015, 18:22
Administrator

I hate regressions 🙂

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.