Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Ability to use is like operator in the User Defined Fields function
cpkPostMarch 13, 2015, 00:58
Advanced
March 1, 2015, 02:55
Normal topicAbility to use is like operator in the User Defined Fields function

Well darn, I've run into another snag and would like to request yet another modification the the User Defined Fields function.

This time, I'd like the 'is like' operator [*?] to work in the 'item name' field. With prefix I can mach a lot of things but what if it isn't a prefix I am concerted with but a suffix? Or maybe I just want to match anything that has an underscore in it and convert them all to spaces or maybe a space and convert them all to underscores. Or maybe I want to match everything so I can run a case change on every field.

I bet this is not going to be as easy though, unfortunately, as I would hope it to be. So far I have not come up with a work-around other than to match 26 times with each letter of the alphabet as a prefix. Well I probably don't need 26 times since I am pretty sure I don't have fields that start with every letter but still, it is going to be some ugly scripting that a nice wildcard could take care of. 🙂

2MR2PostMarch 13, 2015, 08:23
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Ability to use is like operator in the User Defined Fields function

The upcoming Enumerator function solves your problem. The variable passed to the Repeat With function when using a UDTI list enumerator is the item's actual full name. You can use Compare Text Test (with like) or any other function on it at that point. In this case you would not be using a User Defined statement to locate the items, only to modify them.

cpkPostMarch 13, 2015, 18:48
Advanced
March 1, 2015, 02:55
Normal topicRe: Ability to use is like operator in the User Defined Fields function

YAY! I think that would work fine. 😀

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.011 seconds.