Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
A few UI suggestions
rocklobsterPostJune 4, 2015, 05:28
Beginner
May 29, 2015, 09:15
Normal topicA few UI suggestions

I'm just getting into Yate hardcore. I'm amazed by its flexibility, thanks again.

Here are just a few UI suggestions:

1. the icon for an action is a blank document. Something more script like or action like would be better.

2. having user-contributable toolbar icon sets would be great. IMO the very old-school java like toolbar icons (many of which don't seem to go together) are the worst part of a great program.

3. the ability to put actions directly into the toolbar would be great

4. it would help to have the "artwork search" toolbar button directly perform a chosen default. Then you could alt/opt/ctrl click or whatever to choose another option.

5. perplexed by why the "info" section is the 5th tag edit section, while "sorting" is first.

2MR2PostJune 4, 2015, 06:56
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: A few UI suggestions

1. True the icon is the standard Mac 'document' icon.

2. This is the 2nd icon set for Yate. The first consisted of colourful Windows like icons which were pretty much universally disliked. The current set is action more Mac like in its monochromatic approach. We may add importing of icon sets in the future.

3 & 4. Macs are all about keyboard shortcuts. You can define then in Preferences-Shortcuts

5. Hmm... Info is first in the 'out of the box' defaults. Right click on any Panel Editor button and select 'Reset Default Layout' or simply drag any button to a new location.

rocklobsterPostJune 5, 2015, 07:22
Beginner
May 29, 2015, 09:15
Normal topicRe: A few UI suggestions

this is all very minor compared to other "learning curve" stuff I've been posting. but just to follow up:

1. yes, it is. 🙂 not really very appropriate to an action.
2. ok, cool. Yate is beyond compare to anything else out there, but for toolbar icons I prefer the simple black & white ones as found in Meta (tho set is limited).
3/4. not sure I agree there. keyboard shortcuts are handy, but minimizing mouse to keyboard movement is more important to me in terms of ergonomics. still thanks for that tip.
5. ok, must have inadvertently moved those. thanks for that tip, too.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.