Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Replace artwork with an image file
jlynessPostNovember 15, 2015, 09:06
January 22, 2014, 14:39
Normal topicReplace artwork with an image file

Hello,

I often am replacing the existing artwork with an image file already on my computer. Please forgive me if I'm missing something that already exists, but: to do so while I'm also editing other metadata, I have to drag the new artwork to the tracks, then click to go to the artwork pane, then right click to delete the old artwork. Seems like a lot of clicks for such a common task! I have 2 possible ideas for how to make this easier:

1. can there be a view of "info" metadata that also includes the functions of the current "artwork" pane?
2. can there be a preference setting to replace existing artwork when adding new artwork?

Perhaps there are other, easier/better solutions… Many thanks as always.

2MR2PostNovember 15, 2015, 10:45
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Replace artwork with an image file

Hi,

I can get it down to the drag and one click. 🙂

I've a zip at:

http://2manyrobots.com/actions/ArtworkRemoval.zip

After unzipping, import the ArtworkRemoval.plist file by dragging it to the main window's file list area or via a Yate>Import Preferences.

You will have two new actions names:

Remove all but the Largest Artwork Item
Discard All Artwork Items Except the Last

Both the above actions are set to select all tracks that are currently open. If you want to be able to control the tracks selected, open the Action Manager and uncheck the 'All Files' box to the right of the action.

In the action Manager you can right click on whichever action you want to use and assign it to one of the three Toolbar Actions buttons. You can then customize the toolbar to display whichever toolbar button you choose.

....then drag your artwork over and click on the toolbar button.

BTW: you can do #1 by designing your own custom panel and by placing a Full Artwork control on it.

jlynessPostNovember 15, 2015, 17:25
January 22, 2014, 14:39
Normal topicRe: Replace artwork with an image file

Thank you! The new actions are great. And I hadn't really understood the custom panels until your comment, but now I do. Between the two, just what I needed!

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.026 seconds.