Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Comments discos
tomfoxPostJanuary 31, 2016, 05:17
January 31, 2016, 10:04
Normal topicComments discos

Hello,
In Yate I frequently use the Discogs Wizard. It imports also Discogs release notes in Comments, but I can’t see the imported text in Yate; it shows up in Minim Server when I add the field Comment in an expression. How can I show (and edit) this text?

2MR2PostJanuary 31, 2016, 07:31
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Comments discos

The information is saved as a Comment named "Discogs Release Notes" and is available on the Comments editing panel. Right click on any editing panel preset button and choose Comments from the displayed menu (it may be in the Others sub-menu). Alternately. click on the coloured function button to the left of the Comment field on the Info panel and select "-> Comments Panel".

You can create your own Custom panel to specifically display the field through direct mapping or by assigning the Comment to a Custom field.

If you are looking at Discogs Release Notes on the Comments panel, you can edit it via Edit from the context menu. On a Custom Panel, you can directly edit it.

tomfoxPostJanuary 31, 2016, 08:55

Thanks for the answer & found it, although I didn’t succeed in creating the custom field, but I am now able to edit the ‘ Discogs release note’. I am not sure why this information was not visible in the comments field in the first place…
Tom

2MR2PostJanuary 31, 2016, 09:17
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Multiple Comments are supported as are multiple User Defined Text Items and User Defined URLs. These items are made uniquely identifiable by a description field. By convention, the default comment is the comment with an empty description field. This is the comment displayed by iTunes and virtually every player out there.

The description fields are used by applications so that particular pieces of information can be located. As the release notes have a description field, they are not the default comment.

Custom fields are assigned in Preferences-File List via Configure Column Mappings and Custom Fields. I've attached a screenshot where I assign the Discogs Release Notes to Custom 0.

Custom Edit Panels are constructed/viewed in the Custom Panel Editor. This is available from any Edit Panel button's context menu via 'Edit Custom Panels...'.

tomfoxPostFebruary 1, 2016, 05:19

It took a while before I was able to accomplish what you showed me in YATE, probably because I am not a native English speaker. In the middle of the screen I could choose for the new column Discogs Relaese notes, which is not always filled (had to restart the application). But in the right screen it is available on the tab Comments, where I can also edit the text. Thanks for your advise and for YATE!

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.012 seconds.