Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Album compilation release year .Album track release year
TorbenPostFebruary 23, 2016, 05:56
February 23, 2016, 09:42
Normal topicAlbum compilation release year .Album track release year

Hi,

I hope you can help me. I have a lot of compilation albums. An excample “100 Hits Country” released in 2007. The songs in the album has a different release year and for that i have made a field named “Release Time”.
Now im doing it by hand, and im finish when im 76 :-). So please for the sake of my wife and me, can you help me whit an action. Thank you for the work you have done with Yate it's the best. I know it will not change your decision to help me, just thought you should know. :-))

Thanks!

Regards Torben Linde Jørgensen

2MR2PostFebruary 23, 2016, 07:10
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Album compilation release year .Album track release year

Be glad to help. A couple of questions:

You are looking up the original release year and saving it to a field called Release Time? There are built in fields called 'Release Time' and 'Original Release Time' on the More Info panel. Why not use one of those? When you say you "made a field" do you mean that you've been saving them to a User Defined Text Information field....or a custom field?

2) Do you want the Year field set to the release of the compilation?

3) Does the Year field currently contain the individual release times? ... or are you looking them up somewhere online?

I can attempt to extract the original release time from AcoustID data and can also attempt to find the release data for the compilation. I just have to know what metadata is currently in place.

There is an action called "Dump Metadata" on the Sample Actions page (accessible from the Help menu). If you do the following it will help me get a clear idea.

- download and install the Dump Metadata action
- load an album before you make the changes. I only need a handful of tracks.
- run the Dump Metadata action which will produce a file called metadata.zip in your Documents folder. Rename the file to "original.zip" and save it.
- do your modifications on the files (or load a different already modified album)
- run the Dump Metadata action on the modified album which will produce a 2nd metadata.zip file.

If you send me the two small zip files (support@2manyrobots.com) I should be able to see exactly what you're doing manually. I'll then be able to get you an action to automate the process.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.