Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Issue with embedding artwork in mp3s
simfinPostMarch 23, 2016, 11:52
December 13, 2015, 12:35
Normal topicIssue with embedding artwork in mp3s

Hello. I use Yate daily and I'm loving it.

Recently I've noticed an issue with embedding artwork in mp3 files. Most of my music is Apple Lossless, so this issue doesn't crop up too frequently - but yesterday I was tagging a lot of mp3s and it happened a lot.

If I tag, say, an album - encoded to mp3 - and embed artwork via Yate - and then import to iTunes and then view the album in iTunes and look at the artwork tab, I'll often see something like the attached - a 'broken' image.

Note: this is only with mp3 files, and I've only noticed it recently (my iTunes version is 12.3.3.17 - and Yate version 3.11). And if I open the album agin in Yate, the artwork looks fine.

The only workaround seems to be to delete the artwork in iTunes and then add it again via iTunes.

Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks.

2MR2PostMarch 25, 2016, 09:32
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Issue with embedding artwork in mp3s

Hi there. Sorry for the delay in answering. It seems as if we're not getting our forum notifications.

Your scenario is our most common usage pattern. From Yate I've just:

- added a track to iTunes. The artwork looks okay
- changed the artwork in Yate (while linked to iTunes) and did a Save. (The artwork looks okay in iTunes)

Any more information would be appreciated. Please do it via email at support@2manyrobots.com while we try to work out the forum notification issue.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.012 seconds.