Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Open a default location on startup?
ranzzitPostJune 16, 2016, 12:51
June 16, 2016, 16:32
Normal topicOpen a default location on startup?

I have 3 questions, but they are related, so I am posting here (if I need to make it into three separate questions, please let me know)

I have a specific folder where I keep my stuff to tag; after tagging, I move them from this folder. My questions are regarding this.

1) Is there an option to get Yate to open a default location on startup? Now, I know that we can make any frequently used location 'sticky', in open recent menu, but is there an option to always open a specific folder on startup?

2) If the answer to 1) is no, then can we add a shortcut (keyboard) to open up a specific location? Or at least to open up the recents menu?

3) Is there an option to refresh the view of current folder contents in yate without having to open the specific folder again. For example, I have a custom action to Trash a song if I don't want it. After moving this to trash using the custom action, I want my view to remove that song as it's not present in the folder which I had opened. Is there a way to do this?

2MR2PostJune 16, 2016, 13:42
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Open a default location on startup?

I'm a big fan of staging folders as that's how I work.

#1. There is not. However, if you display the File Browser it will always open to the last location. You can then simply drag over a track or double click depending on the settings.

#2. You can put a recently opened file icon on the toolbar. I tend to use it all the time as well as the method described in #1. The toolbar icon method is only one click more than a shortcut.

#3. Lots of ways to go here. There is a Refresh command but that only reloads files currently displayed so it won't help. If your Open Mode is Album-Replace you can simply use any of the methods described in #1 or #2 to load new replacing content. (open files will be closed). Also if you always want to reload your staging folder you can end your 'move to trash action' with a 'Stop Action and Open Files' statement, which depending on the Open Mode will close the current loaded set and open others. Effectively any of these methods will do what you want.

ranzzitPostJune 17, 2016, 12:58
June 16, 2016, 16:32
Normal topicRe: Open a default location on startup?

#2 and #3 worked like a charm. Thank you so much for the pointers.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.