Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Search artwork from artist - title
zzappPostAugust 9, 2016, 16:41
August 9, 2016, 20:33
Normal topicSearch artwork from artist - title

Hi there! wondering if there's a way to auto search artworks having hundred of files with only title and artist tag, but no album tag.
tks a lot!

2MR2PostAugust 9, 2016, 18:12
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Search artwork from artist - title

Well, the Auto-Search functionality is heavily based on matching Albums and Artists.....but here's a dirty trick that I've found works.

If you copy the Title field to the Album field, Auto Search will often make a correct match. You can then always clear the Album field when done.

The only real issue is that every track will require a search which might result in you getting hit with 'too many searches'. If you do, the 'Fix too much auto-searching' item on the Artwork menu will usually clear up the issue if you run it about three times.

Some items will return no matches and some may be incorrect, but with a little luck you might get a lot of the tracks valid artwork.

zzappPostAugust 11, 2016, 07:18
August 9, 2016, 20:33

tks for the quick answer, now i have another question:
is there a way to look for id3 tags (specially genre) when i look for artwork and so on?

2MR2PostAugust 11, 2016, 08:15
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

The answer unfortunately is somewhat convoluted. The only online datasource which has genre metadata is DIscogs. However there is no fingerprinting methodology which directly targets Discogs. You can:

- fingerprint
- get Acoustic data
- pick a MusicBrainz release
- use the MusicBrainz IDs to possibly get the Discogs release IDs
- get the genre from Discogs

The number of steps points toward automation and the use of actions, however you can try it in the UI as follows:

- in Preferences-MusicBrainz, make sure that 'Aggressively look for Discogs Release Id'is checked.

Look at the Actions or context menu's AcoustID sub menu. On that menu you will see a 'Fingerprint, Get Data, Import IDs' sub-menu. In the bottom of that menu, make sure it says: 'Look for Discogs Release ID'. If it does not click on it.

That's it for the one-time settings.

Select your files and then on the same 'Fingerprint, Get Data, Import IDs' menu, choose a menu item at the top which best reflects what you have selected. For example if an entire album is selected you would more than likely select 'Match Tracks to a Single Release'. If this step works you will now have enough metadata to automatically have the Discogs Wizard locate the album. You can run the DIscogs wizard and specify that you want Genre to be imported.

If you prefer to run manually, you can simply use the DIscogs Wizard to search for a matching release and you can skip all the earlier steps.

As I said.....it is complicated.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.025 seconds.