Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Artwork issue
alexxxluthorPostSeptember 12, 2016, 05:59
September 12, 2016, 09:35
Normal topicArtwork issue

Hello, trying to load a cover in the tag but even though yate tells me all the files are tagged with the cover, Finder and iTunes tells me only files 2, 3, 4, 7 are properly tagged. Any idea ? Thx

2MR2PostSeptember 12, 2016, 07:18
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Artwork issue

The Finder issue can always be the OS caching as sometimes it is slow to catch up. However, if iTunes is not seeing the artwork this is more than likely not the case. Your screenshot shows that the tracks are not linked to iTunes. If the tracks were not linked to iTunes when you made the changes it is conceivable that the iTunes library is out of sync with the files. iTunes would not update until the next time it had to open the files, or Yate forced the issue.

Please do the following:

- If you select only a single file in Yate, verify that the artwork shows up in the artwork panel.
- select the tracks in iTunes and drag them into Yate. That will ensure that what's open in Yate is what iTune's thinks of as the tracks.

If everything still looks okay in Yate do the following: With a single track (which seems to have the issue) is selected do a File>Log>Text and Raw Data. Save the displayed text file and email it to us at support@2manyrobots.com and we'll take a look.

2MR2PostSeptember 12, 2016, 11:09
Administrator

I thought of something else. As these files are mp3s it is possible that they have leading padding before the start of the audio stream. Leading padding while rare, does sometimes occur when capturing a stream or when .... some other application messes up the file. Some applications gets messed up when playing the file, others simply when looking for the metadata. Yate does not care as it always looks for the start of the audio stream.

You can easily test for this by selecting a single problematic file and looking at the Audio Properties panel. (under the main window's File Browser or on the Audio editing panel).

If the properties panel has a "Leading Pad" entry, this may be the problem. If so, you can get Yate to fix the issue by creating a one line action. Place a Save statement in the action configured as in the attached image. Select the files then run the action.

alexxxluthorPostSeptember 12, 2016, 11:21

Thanks for the quick answer.

I checked every file individually and they all show the artwork.

I linked the files to iTunes as you asked but the issue is the same. I send you the log by email as you requested.

Two more screenshots to explain what's going on.

2MR2PostSeptember 12, 2016, 11:58
Administrator

I've just seen the log and the fix is easy. The file contains ID3v2.2 tags inside of a ID3v2.4 container. If Yate had read a v2.2 based file it would have automatically corrected the tags. As it is, Yate more than likely initially read a v2.3 or v2.4 container already containing the bad frames and ignored them. In this case the frames are improperly placed items more than likely done a long time ago. You can fix the issue by removing the "Unhandled Frames" and rewriting the files.

Unhandled frames are not necessarily an error which is why Yate ignores them. In fact Yate will preserve them in case they are specific to a particular application.

Load the files in Yate, select them all and display the Unhanded editing panel. (Right click on any editing panel header and Unhandled will be in the list or on the Others menu.)

Select everything in Unhandled and delete the items. Save the files. I cannot tell from the log, how the frames are 'actually' encoded. If there are no records on the Unhanded" panel, then Yate has decided that they are bad and serve no purpose. In this case simply force a save of the files by File>Save Selected Files>Save Always

This can also be done in an action as follows:

Clear the Unhandled Frames field
Save all files if modified

iTunes and the Finder do not like the unhanded frames and they precede the artwork in the file. Mote than likely they stop reading as soon as they hit the first

2MR2PostSeptember 12, 2016, 12:16
Administrator

I just noticed that the invalid frames are in the Unhandled section from the text portion of the log. Simply delete all Unhandled items and all will be okay.

alexxxluthorPostSeptember 12, 2016, 12:17

It worked. Thank you very much.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.032 seconds.