Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Problem Importing metadata via CSV
stu.farnham@edgeofthep-
alouse.com
PostDecember 3, 2016, 14:45
August 23, 2015, 04:28
Normal topicProblem Importing metadata via CSV

I have a CSV with metadata updates for my entire library (~152k tracks) that I am trying to import using Barry's Read and Process Database action. I've used this action numerous times in the past, so my problem is likely brain fade on my part, or some trivial error I can't spot. The error is an invalid column name/number (see attached file error.jpg).

I've also attached an (abbreviated) copy of my csv as well as the accompanying sidecar plist.

Can someone take a look and see if they can spot what I am doing wrong?

I've been working on this metadata for WEEKS and it is SO frustrating to be hung up at this stage!

Thanks

Stu

2MR2PostDecember 3, 2016, 14:50
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Problem Importing metadata via CSV

Stu, I can't see the attachments although I can see the error message. Can you please email the abbreviated CSV and the associated plist to me.

2MR2PostDecember 3, 2016, 14:59
Administrator

I can see the XML for the plist file. It seems as if the file path is stored to a column named 'Track Path'. Line 6 of the action should be setting named variable 'Name of the FIle Path Column' to 'Track Path'. I will more than likely need your modified copy of the action to debug.

stu.farnham@edgeofthep-
alouse.com
PostDecember 3, 2016, 15:34
August 23, 2015, 04:28

That wasn't it, but it was close enough to get me there. The last import I did included album art, which this one does not. I neglected to remove the setting for the album art path.

I knew it was something dumb ...

Thanks

2MR2PostDecember 3, 2016, 15:35
Administrator

🙂

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.