Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Unwanted (& Hidden?) Comments
sarvajanikPostApril 7, 2017, 00:28
April 7, 2017, 04:19
Normal topicUnwanted (& Hidden?) Comments

I use XLD to rip my CDs and Yate to tag everything the way I want. Even if it is a digital purchase I made from HDTracks, I re-tag everything to my liking using Yate.

Something that has been bothering me is hidden and unwanted comments that aren't visible in Yate, but show up in my players (Audirvana Plus and Kodi). It looks like some ID/Metadata related to some APIs, but I was wondering what is putting it there in the 1st place. Any help is appreciated.

Screenshots...

1 - This is what it look like in Yate.

and 2 - This is how Audirvana Plus sees it.

2MR2PostApril 7, 2017, 07:21
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Unwanted (& Hidden?) Comments

It looks like Audirvana is displaying a comment which is not the 'default' comment. If you look on Yate's Comments editing panel see what is there. Right click on any editing panel column header (Info, Artwork, etc) and select Comments. (It may be in the Others submenu).

This may be an interpretation of 'default' comment. While virtually everyone defines the default comment as the Comment with no description, some applications allow you to use any language tag. iTunes requires ENG as the default's language. Yate has an iTunes preference to control the interpretation. If the setting is checked on Yate's 'Preferences-iTunes-Use strict iTunes definition of 'default' comment' option that might explain why it is hidden in Yate's Info panel.

It is typically bad form for an application to stuff something in the comment with no description.

Please post a screenshot of the Comments panel. That should shed more light on the issue.

2MR2PostApril 7, 2017, 11:31
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Unwanted (& Hidden?) Comments

Never mind the screenshot. I've done some testing and Audirvana Plus follows the loose rules for default comment, not the strict iTunes rules. Any comment with an empty description field can be the default. I'll pass on my opinion to them but they are really not breaking any rules. However whoever is writing the comment in the first place is not being very friendly.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.017 seconds.