Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Plex Artist Genre
sjkissPostApril 25, 2017, 13:42
April 25, 2017, 17:32
Normal topicPlex Artist Genre

I have a well structured library where each track has a "genre" field with genres that I have customized to suit my own purposes. Basically, each artist's genre field are al the same. The logic for me is that when I want to access a particular artist, it can be quicker to jump to a genre, then to an artist then to the album. I also like to just set my DLNA player to pick a genre and play all the tracks in it, randomly.

Currently I have migrated my music to an NAS with PLex Media Server. However, plex sorts distinguishes between artist genre and album genre. So, my question is: Could I use Yate, to migrate each track's "genre" field to a new field called "artist genre" that plex might automatically pick up?
Thank you!

2MR2PostApril 25, 2017, 14:04
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Plex Artist Genre

It is easy to move Genre to a new custom or non standard field. However, I would have to know what field, if any, Plex is loading from the files for Artist Genre. I did a quick search and other than a lot of complaints about genre handling in general, I can't find any documentation of a file contained tag for Artist Genre.

So...moving the field's contents is easy but as far as Plex picking it up, I'd need to know the field mapping. If you know or can find the information, I'll be more than happy to write you an action to batch the changes.

UKenGBPostApril 1, 2021, 12:07
Advanced
April 30, 2020, 09:36
Normal topicPlex Artist Genre

A bit late, but I can answer that Plex does not use any tag for this other than Genre. However, it does deal with a multi value delimiter so that when importing it creates multiple Genre tags from the multiple values in the incoming file's Genre tag.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.018 seconds.