Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Tagging time with 24-bit FLAC files
ratmicePostMay 30, 2017, 19:01
Beginner
December 23, 2014, 21:35
Normal topicTagging time with 24-bit FLAC files

I am adding cover art to a bunch of 24-bit FLAC files, and it is taking a lifetime! Granted, I am doing a lot of files, about 575, but so far it's been grinding along for about 3 hours and not even 1/2 way through. wassup with that?

2MR2PostMay 30, 2017, 19:25
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Tagging time with 24-bit FLAC files

With FLAC files as with most audio file types, Yate does whatever it can to avoid rewriting an entire audio file. However, if the new metadata cannot be placed without rewriting the audio data, an entire write of the file will be necessary. Typically when adding artwork, especially if there was none before, there is insufficient free space to write the new metadata 'in place'. Depending on how large your files are and where they are stored, external drive, NAS drive, etc. this can take a long time.

You should be seeing the change indicators changing from Red to Green as the saving proceeds.

If you subsequently make minor changes to the metadata which does not drastically increase its size, the saving will be far, far faster.

ratmicePostMay 30, 2017, 20:04
Beginner
December 23, 2014, 21:35
Normal topicRe: Tagging time with 24-bit FLAC files

Thanks for the answer, I figured it was something like that. I have just never had it take soooooo looooooong. Currently moving at about 3.5x realtime (i.e. takes about 2:30 for an 8:00 song). It should be done by tomorrow. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.