Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Conditional padding for rename
vco1PostJune 9, 2017, 10:48
June 9, 2017, 14:40
Normal topicConditional padding for rename

The application I previously used for tagging (MediaRage) had the option to pad the tracknumber based on the total number of tracks. So of there less than 10 tracks the filename would be 1. Trackname.mp3. And if there were 10 tracks or more the name would be 01. Trackname.mp3.

Is this also possible in Yate?

2MR2PostJune 9, 2017, 12:29
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Conditional padding for rename

Yes it is. There are lot's of track padding options.

To control the display of padded track and/or disc numbers you configure it in Preferences-File List-Disc/Track Padding. You can select 1, 2, 3, 4 or smart.

If for any reason you want padded values written to the audio files, you can elect to do so via Preferences-Audio-Common-Write padded track and disc values.

If you're renaming files and you want padded values, use the Track padded tokens when creating your template. You can elect to not pad, or pad to 2, 3 or 4 characters. These tokens are available for Disc and Track fields. ❨Track❩ ❨Track Pad2❩ ❨Track Pad3❩ ❨Track Pad4❩, etc.

vco1PostJune 10, 2017, 02:44

Thanks for your quick answer.

There are a lot of options for padding indeed. However, none of them seems to do what I want. The option in Media Rage for renaming filenames is called: "Use Leading Zeros - If 10 Or More Tracks". If I use (Track Pad2) it always renames to a padded tracknumber. Which is not what I want (I know, who cares... but that goes for a lot of things when tagging files. ;-)).

So what I'm looking for is an option to only have a leading zero in the tracknumber in the filename if there are 10 tracks or more in the album. I haven't been able (yet) to accomplish that with the settings you mentioned.

2MR2PostJune 10, 2017, 07:01
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

You're 100% correct...you should be able to get it the way you want. That's certainly our philosophy.

I'll add a (Track Smart) rename token in v3.16.2. In the meantime download the following action:

https://2manyrobots.com/actions/SmartTrackPadding.zip

Unzip the file and import SmartTrackPadding.plist via Yate>Import Preferences

You now have an action called 'Smart Track Padding' which is available on the Rename>Actions and Actions>User Defined menus. I'm using a rename template called 'Track+Title'. You can always modify that to do the renaming the way you want. (Variable 1) is the track number so do not remove that token.

If you want to be put on the preview list send an email to support@2manyrobots.com and you will get an early look.

vco1PostJune 12, 2017, 06:59

Thanks!

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.018 seconds.