Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Update Metadata
MvLPostJune 23, 2017, 09:38
June 23, 2017, 13:24
Normal topicUpdate Metadata

Hi,

I've tagged my albums with Musicbrainz metadata. I did that with the program Jaikoz, but I consider to move over to Yate. Now I want to update the metadata. Is there a possibility to this?

2MR2PostJune 23, 2017, 11:44
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Update Metadata

I'm assuming you want to do a refresh from MusicBrainz. We all use pretty much the same tag fields. Yate reads a variety of MusicBrainz variants for the tags as fallback. If you retained the release and recording IDs in your metadata it should simply just work. If you did not retain the metadata you will have to search again.

Download the two week trial from the web site. Load up a single album and launch the MusicBrainz Wizard from the Actions menu. If your tracks have the required IDs, the wizard will open directly to the release and will bypass the search.

MvLPostJune 23, 2017, 16:08

Yeah, right assumption, and I did as you said. It indeed works this way. Nice! On thing I notice if I check the changes, and for example there are no changes there are files with red dots ready to be saved. Any idea? Is also possible to a sort of batch processing?

2MR2PostJune 23, 2017, 16:24
Administrator

Sometimes the changes are simply related to the order of the UDTIs changing. It is too time consuming to sort the metadata which takes multiple items. The 'changes' check occurs constantly. You can do a Log>Changes from the context menu or the File menu and it will tell you what has changed.

You can create a one line action which has an Access MusicBrainz statement. You can configure the items to consider importing. I've attached a screenshot. You can then run the action through the Batch Processor Wizard. Remember to select the Auto-Save option as there is no Save statement in the action I described.

You should also take a look at Preferences-MusicBrainz as there are quite a few settings which can be tweaked.

MvLPostJune 24, 2017, 08:00

Hi 2MR2, Thanks for the detailed explanation!

I tried as you said, and I think there is a problem with the Musicbrainz servers. When updating Yate stops with a spinning wheel during updating. The only possibility to stop Yate is to force quit. I guess the Musicbrainz servers are a bit heavily used. At least I think that is the problem...

2MR2PostJune 24, 2017, 11:18
Administrator

While there is often issues with the servers (and Yate has lots of recovery code), I cannot blame them this time.

It seems as if I introduced a timing bug in v3.16.1 between the MusicBrainz access code and the Batch Processor.

I have issued v3.16.1.1 which fixes the issue. You can do a Check for Updates from the Yate menu to get the patch.

I was able to replicate your issue and the new build seems to work fine.

Apologies.

MvLPostJune 25, 2017, 07:32

No apologies needed. It's fixed now. Big thumbs up!

I noticed the update this morning so I read the changelog and came to the conclusion it was bug. Now visiting the forum to say thank you.

Continue to the Yate 🙂

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.02 seconds.