Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
iTunes alternatives?
downbeat8PostOctober 17, 2017, 02:15
Beginner
October 5, 2014, 04:55
Normal topiciTunes alternatives?

the work/grouping debacle by itunes might be the last straw for me. what are other players for mac besides itunes that display the Grouping field? Swinsian isn't horrible. what are people loving?

thanks

2MR2PostOctober 17, 2017, 07:36
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: iTunes alternatives?

The biggest change in switching is always getting used to a new style of library management. There are options in Yate to work with Grouping either as iTunes now does or as everyone else has for years. The older Grouping data can be preserved either way. It's a messy solution for a distasteful issue.

Audirvana Plus can display Grouping and I'm sure others can as well. You will more than likely see other more subtle tagging differences from iTunes wherever you go. Almost every player puts its own spin on ratings.

plkxPostFebruary 24, 2018, 16:10
February 24, 2018, 20:42

I've tried several (e.g. Beatunes, Audirvana) over the years, after giving up on itunes ~2012. I've used Media Center 23 by jriver for most of the past year, and am very happy with it. Its player blows itunes away, and is equal to the best of all others I've found.

File management with Media Center is stellar. I wish I could do things with the Finder that MC makes easy. It brings useful functions from the Terminal/command line to a GUI.

And, the GUI is customizable like nothing I've ever seen.

While there is some functionality overlap between Yate and MC, Yate is far more efficient for anything but simple tagging (for me, anyway).

Yate + Media Center puts me in the happiest place I've ever been with regards to enjoying and maintaining my music collection.

I can't even think of anything relevant I can't do with my music (that I want to do), with the Yate+Media Center combination.

Well, it would be really nice if my music collection was self-aware and synchronized itself with my mental pictures and whims through ESP.

Regards,

P

2MR2PostFebruary 26, 2018, 08:04
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Hmmm....an ESP interface. Something to think about 🙂

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.