Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Discogs Style / Mood Query
jamesfoxPostApril 30, 2018, 10:16
April 30, 2018, 14:03
Normal topicDiscogs Style / Mood Query

hi there,

i'm sure this is a reasonably basic question, but i've had a look around and can't quite seem to find the answer.

i'm looking to use yate's discogs wizard with itunes to manage a large library of music for DJ sets. the problem i have is that the 'style' information from discogs seems to write to the 'mood' tag, which i cannot sort by in itunes or use for smart playlist creation.

is it possible to combine the 'style' information from discogs with the genre tag in the following format: genre, style 1, style 1, style 3? or even to write it to the 'grouping tag?

thanks every much 🙂

2MR2PostApril 30, 2018, 11:06
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Discogs Style / Mood Query

It is possible to specify an action to be run after every import from DIscogs. So... you can pretty much do anything you'd like.

If I understand correctly, you want the items in the Mood field appended to what is already in the the Genre field. I'm assuming that you want to remove duplicates...and based on your post I'm assuming you want to keep the original Genre (if any) first.

You can download a simple two line action called 'Merge Mood into Genre' at:

https://2manyrobots.com/actions/MergeMoodIntoGenre.zip

Unzip the file and import the plist file via Yate>Import Preferences (or simply drag it to the main window's file list area). You should now have an action called 'Merge Mood into Genre'.

You can try it by loading up any tracks in which you've already imported the Mood metadata from Discogs. Simply run the action and the Genre field should be updated.

To run it every time after importing from Discogs do the following:

- Open the application Preferences
- select the Discogs panel
- enable the 'Run action after import' option.
- Using the control to the right of the associated text field, select the new action.

Let me know if I missed anything.

jamesfoxPostApril 30, 2018, 11:10
April 30, 2018, 14:03
Normal topicRe: Discogs Style / Mood Query

that sounds perfect! thanks for the quick reply, i'll be sure to buy a full license as yate seems like exactly the thing i've been looking for.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.