Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Cue-point tags as used by DJ’s
myhairlooksflatPostOctober 31, 2018, 04:19
March 24, 2016, 09:38
Normal topicCue-point tags as used by DJ’s

Hi!
As someone who buys DJ-edited tracks I often work with cue-points — a sort of time stamps — which are triggered via corresponding hardware on mixers, midi controllers etc. Most DJ-software can read these like Traktor, Rekordbox or Serato DJ which is what I use. In the software we can name and also set the color of these cue-points and thus also control the color of the LED-lights on the hardware.

My question is this: is there a way to get to the colors in Yate to be able to batch process the colors on multiple files? That info has to be in a tag somewhere in the file right?

Here's a file that has cue-points and I've also attached a screen shot of what it looks like in Serato DJ

[EDIT: link removed]

Hope somebody can help me. I know that a lot of DJ's would love to be able to do this rather than having to do it one by one.

2MR2PostOctober 31, 2018, 07:41
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Cue-point tags as used by DJ’s

Unfortunately most DJ applications either store their proprietary data in undocumented binary formats. Some do not even keep the information in the files themselves. In your sample there are seven General Encapsulated Objects (GEOBs) containing the data. The raw binary data can only be displayed by Yate as a hexadecimal dump. For a variety of reasons, including not knowing what is in the data, Yate can do little other than delete them. Your sample is an mp3 file. In other file formats the data is stored completely outside of the tag. For example, RIFF chunks in WAV files and APPLICATION data in FLAC files.. Again, we can delete them but do little else.

Theoretically, if there was a standard format (which I doubt), and it was documented we could do something with the data. Being binary data, the blocks could not even be processed by the current action system.

Yate will show the data on the GEOB editing panel or, depending on the file format, on the Unhandled editing panel. You can also see the blocks in a snapshot (Edit/Snapshot). I've attached a screenshot from your sample.

Sorry, I wish I had a better answer.

myhairlooksflatPostNovember 1, 2018, 04:58
March 24, 2016, 09:38
Normal topicRe: Cue-point tags as used by DJ’s

Hey, thanks for your great informative reply. I kinda hoped that it would be a standard, if undocumented, format as I do believe that at least Rekordbox and Serato read those cue points. It such a silly thing to not have in the software whereas I can do tons of batch stuff in Serato like doubling or halving the BPM.
Thanks again
//D

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.018 seconds.