Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Beatport Importer - Artist & Remixer in Artist Field
squanceyPostDecember 22, 2019, 08:37
December 22, 2019, 13:27
Normal topicBeatport Importer - Artist & Remixer in Artist Field

Is there any way when importing data from Beatport to populate the Artist tag with just the Artist. At the moment it seems to populate both the Artist & Remixer

2MR2PostDecember 22, 2019, 09:01
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Beatport Importer - Artist & Remixer in Artist Field

Artist and Remixer are two separate fields in the metadata and Yate extracts them as such. Many Beatport tracks also list the Remixer in the Artist metadata in which case they both will be stuffed into the Artist field. The Beatport Importer has the ability to run a post import action. It should be possible to build one which will remove the Remixer from the Artist field. I'll have a look later today.

2MR2PostDecember 22, 2019, 12:35
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

I've placed an action on the resource page called Remove Remixer from Artist. It can be automatically be run every time you import data. It will work as long as there is only one remixer. It will not remove the remixer name if it is the only artist specified.

Please read the documentation. If you override the join sequence in the importer you will have to modify the action.

squanceyPostDecember 22, 2019, 19:49
December 22, 2019, 13:27

Thanks for the quick response....works great in 99% of cases, I can manually fix the others.

Thanks again

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.